“Cheap and cheerful.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 84 Oxford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

Stayed here for a night out in Oxford. Good location right by shops and bus stops. Off street parking was handy as it's all restricted parking otherwise. Breakfast was small but tasty. Not great English spoken so you'll need to be patient with the staff!

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was stuck in a small converted attic room, given a single pillow for a double bed, hygine didnt seem to be high on the agenda, the tv was mounted so close I felt like I was in the show, the bed side lamp mounted to the wall did not have a bulb so a second light had been provided on a chair? The shower jumped from freezing to boiling, the breakfast was served on cold plates and the food was cold and seemed like it had been sitting around for a long time, when we asked for tea we were given coffee in a cafetiere but it was instant coffee and bad instant at that. The best part was leaving, but even this was terrible it was over priced. I would not recomend this to anyone, I have never written a review before but this was so bad have to warn people!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Adams Guest House in May 2010. If you're looking to spend couple of nights in Oxford, this is the must place to stay. Mere 15 minute walk from the town centre - the guest house is located in the posh centre of Summertown close to all amenities, it's very reasonably priced, the rooms are clean, big and well equipped and there is also space for parking for at least 2 cars. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the breakfast great (traditional English + cereals, juices, fruit etc) and all in all Adams Guest House will satisfy you for 1 or 4 nights. I will definitely go and stay there again and can warmly recommend that to others as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West Midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We to had a surprise when we stayed here. we had a look on the web site and things looked OK for a budget guest house. But things were nothing like the web site. we were allocated room 7. The paper was hanging/ripped off the walls, there was a dirty pink sink in the room a dirty glass that I couldn't even touch and the bathroom was something else looked like it had never been cleaned, EVER. There was a wardrobe and cupboard also but didn't open these as I was to scared to see what I would find in there. We checked in and went straight out. got back late and because of the state of the place we slept with our clothes on because to bed didn't look to good and all the flooring was awful and dirty Surprisingly we slept quite well.Got up and Braved the breakfast which was OK but not very much of it. Looking at the other rooms there (some of the doors were opened as they were in changing the beds) they looked like they did on the web site(not to bad) I think the room we was in was only allocated to us as there was no where else for us to go, as the place was fully booked.They never commented on anything (if I had run the place I would have be to embarrassed to put anybody in this room) . The impression I got it was old student accommodation back in the 70's and not been touched because when you entered the room we were in there was a small room with one toilet in, a shower and a toilet in the next room then the bedroom. On the staircase going to our room there were signs pointing to our room saying toilets. Nobody could use them though cause I made sure I locked the door and put the chair out of the room up against the door. If I hadn't been visiting my son at the university I would have walked out and gone home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

Well I was in Oxford for a business conference in summertown, I chose this bnb because its cheap and right next to the place where my conference was. I thought it was OK. Its cheap, and I was just staying for 2 days, I didn't have the food (due to the reviews, its better safe than sorry :P ), I thought the restaurant next door was a better option. The room was decent size, the shower was clean. So it wasn't bad, it certainly felt better than the reviews.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ChristCHull
Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

We always check reviews on TripAdvisor before booking hotels. I guess we messed up this time, because we never would have stayed here had we actually read the reviews. It is just as everyone says. Disgusting! The smell when we walked in was atrocious. The staff were awkward and unaccomodating. We we got to our room there were no towels. We asked staff for some and we got one child-sized towel and 2 bath mats. The shower was disgusting, looking like it had never been cleaned. We were worried about breakfast, but decided to go for it anyway. After having one sip of coffee, we changed our minds. It tasted like it had been sitting there for a week. Had we had the time and energy we would have went to a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BT326
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Booked the B&B for its location in Summertown. Location was the only decent thing about this place. Rooms were small and dirty, staff were about as rude as they could be. The worst was the breakfast. I feel ashamed that tourists to England are offered something as bad as this as an "English Breakfast". Never again for me!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple