“WORST CHINESE TAKEAWAY IN OXFORD”
Review of Wok and Roll - CLOSED

Wok and Roll
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 11, 2013

After waiting 50 minutes for the food to arrive, and spending another 20 minutes explaining to the delivery driver how to arrive at the house I finally received the luke warm food I had ordered over an hour before.

Living outside of walking distance but no more than a 10 minute drive, even with heavy traffic, I cannot fathom as to why to took nearly an hour and thirty minutes for the food to arrive.

Once it finally had arrived, the order was not complete. I was missing my soup and sweet and sour pork, I called the "restaurant" to be informed that the driver would be on his way in the next 5 minutes. 45 minutes and several phone calls later the food arrived.

Finally with my food here I tucked in, (I had started already whilst waiting for the remainder of my food to arrive), the food was bland and very greasy. Understandably I was not expecting for it to be a gleaming 5* meal though this was near inedible.

I spent a total of 27.75 for 4 dishes, which I was accused of not having paid when the delivery man arrived for the second time.

Overall for a quiet Thursday takeaway, this was truly awful. The food was tasteless, consumed only on the basis that it was the only food in the house. The service from the restaurant was nearly as bad and the delivery driver was a reflection of this.

1  Thank Charles S

Reviewed August 23, 2013

It's cheap and quick, but we felt vaguely ill afterward - and the ginger beef we ordered was so un-gingery that we aren't at all sure we didn't get someone else's order!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ok food - good lunch time menus and usually space to sit upstairs - cheap and quick but meat a little fatty.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you want a no frills Chinese lunch or dinner go to Wok and Roll (it looks NOTHING like the picture up there though!). Boxed lunch is excellent value.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I come here every few months for lunch, and it is never the same twice running. Sometimes the food is really not very good, or small portions, other times its huge and delicious. Sometimes the right food comes in the right order, other times it's all over the place.

To compare the ambience to a works canteen is to be generous, but frankly who cares? you come here for a decent hot lunch, and to gaze in wonder at the many Chinese students who have read the _real_ menu and got an entirely different meal. The haphazard waitering adds to the charm. What is consistent is a decent fixed price for lunch.