“Wholesome wholefood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nosebag Restaurant Ltd
Ranked #93 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Wholesome wholefood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went here with some friends who hadn't been for a long time ....since they were students they claimed . My kind of food and I really enjoyed my coronation chicken and salad . Pity about the coffee , which tasted of nothing in particular and certainly not coffee ! Good value for money and they didn't seem to mind us lingering over our meal and reminiscing .

London, England, United Kingdom
“stuck in at the nose bag”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

It has been a good while since I ate at the Nosebag. It hasn't changed. It still has hard wooden seats, though they are not uncomfortable. It still offers very good value for money at £8.50 for three distinctive salads and a large piece of tandoori chicken. The big tables make it a good place to gather with a group of poet friends to talk turkey.

2 Thank Nick O
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“hidden cream tea experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

visited the Nosebag to reminisce about visits 30 years prior only to find not only has this establishment not changed but the cream tea is as good as ever. Hidden off the High St and above shops the tourists tend not to find this fairly small cafe despite the board outside so its customers tend to be students and the locals, making for a selection of well priced options and a nice unrushed atmosphere, get lucky and sit in the window people watching below. Quiche and salad was ample with a good selection, the soup and bread great value for £5, a cream tea of 2 home made scones, jam, cream and a drink £5! Seems to also now be open in the evening.

England, United Kingdom
“Exceptionally good fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best cream tea in Oxford :-). The Nosebag’s food is always fresh and healthy, they have a nice range (salad bars, lasagnes, soups, that sort of thing), excellent vegetarian or vegan choices. Tonnes of exceptional cakes, and their cream teas are brilliant! The only thing the Nosebag lacks is an outdoor area, but other than that it’s pretty near perfect.

1 Thank Tamzin_12
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food, diabolical service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friend and I visited after work yesterday; she recommended it and has been before, and at first glance, I was impressed by the good choice of vegetarian options and abundant salad selection. I ordered aubergine with cheese and breadcrumbs, and the man behind the counter said I could choose 3 salads to accompany my meal, and I did so. When I went to pay, the woman charged me more than the price on the board, so I asked why, to which she replied that I had chosen a salad which would cost extra, and asked me very bluntly if that was okay...to which I replied "Yes, but in future maybe that should be explained to customers whilst they are choosing, not after" to which she even more rudely replied "My colleague told you" she then asked him if he had, he said he had (he certainly hadn't!) and so I was left to look and feel rather embarrassed in front of several other customers. By this point, I was ravenous, so gave up the battle and carried my heavy tray to the dining area....just to realise that there was nowhere to sit. My friend went and told the rude woman and she said replied that we had to share tables. We approached 2 other women and apologised to them that we would have to join them, they were unimpressed as anyone would be, but were very understanding and realised it was not us at fault. When we finally got to sit down, the stress had almost ruined my appetite...almost! My meal, thankfully, was still warm; and it was delicious. Very filling yet healthy and nutritious. To sum it up; If you enjoy great healthy food and can put up with being treated like a dogs dinner in order to get it, this is the place for you, unfortunately I am not and despite the great meal, nor my friend or myself will be visiting again.

• Visited June 2013