“Handmade great pizza. Not showy but it works”

Pizzeria Trattoria Mario
Ranked #125 of 673 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really good value for money. Pizza's made right there in the restaurant and thin crust, great range - can highly recommend the Casertana.
Always busy but try to fit everyone in and unfailingly friendly.
Not expensive, great way to start a night on the Cowley road....

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I may be a little bias in my review, as Pizza is my favourite food. However, in my opinion, this is one the best places in Oxford for pizza! Luckily we prebooked a table as the place was packed. The atmosphere was great, really personal. I think the restaurant really thrives on the 'There's always room for just 1 more' philosophy. You might not go for that, but I think it makes the experience 10x better.

Service was great, and the prices... I seriously want to recommend that they increase the prices, selling themselves short is all I can think! I felt bad that my gigantic pizza was priced as it was.

Go to Mario Pizzeria!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Waited for ages to be seated, the waiter had a kind of attitude that is just unacceptable and did not even attempt a smile once. Yes, it was busy, but that is no excuse to make your guests feel like they're bothering you with their custom. Food is alright, but not outstanding and quite frankly not worth the trip to experience such rudeness and have an unpleasant evening

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Probably only the second time in my life I had been to Mario's but I really enjoyed it. I was with a group of seven friends and stupidly we hadn't planned our evening so were desperately looking for somewhere to eat on the Cowley Road. Thankfully Mario was able to seat us. We were served quickly, the pizzas were large and very tasty, and the Moretti beer good too. Others had Chianti and said it was of good quality. Would go again next time I'm back in the city.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Best pizza I've had in a long time. Really worth a visit if you're a pizza fan. Homely feel to the restaurant and run by authentic italian chefs.