“Lovely food, but not nearly enough of it.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fire and Stone - CLOSED

Fire and Stone
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest Station: Oxford Rail Station
Blackburn
“Lovely food, but not nearly enough of it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stopped by here on a day trip to Oxford. We were served promptly, given plenty of time to make our selections without being harassed, and we didn't have to wait too long for our meals.
The food was lovely, cooked well and very tasty. The problem was, the portion sizes were tiny. Really tiny. I know there's an obesity epidemic in the UK, but I do like my main meal to last for a little longer than a dozen forkful's. And just for the record, I weigh about ten and a half stone, so I've no need to watch my weight!
Given that me meal wasn't cheap, I expected more. I was so starving by the time I got back to my hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon I ended up eating a loaf of bread to actually sate my hunger.
So great food, but please don't be so stingy with the portion sizes.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LittleBearPonting

London
“Expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went here after a show at the Theatre about half ten at night. Food was ok. I had Mac & Cheese and all I could taste was garlic. Not what I expected at all and very expensive for what it was!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Pre theatre meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was heaving and we were rushed to get our meal before the theatre started. We ended up having our pizza boxed and we collected after the show. However it was lovely, tasty and the staff were helpfull. Good atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham
“A nice concept not quite achieved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place was suggested after a quick search for a venue to grab a pizza in Oxford and we plumped for it due to the promise of global flavours on a pizza. The setting was fine and the service good, but the pizza combinations didn't really work very well. The 'Texas' was just too sweet and the rosemary within it didn't quite work. The new parmesan base sounded like a good idea but wasn't anything special. We skipped pud' as we didn't like the look of what we saw and overheard the table next to us complaining amongst themselves about theirs.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Reliably good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Despite a change in the menu which I think is not for the better, I still go back to Fire & Stone for the reliable food and service in the centre of town.

Taste card discount is a bonus. Service is friendly and excellent.

Visited April 2013