“Lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon”

Oxford River Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$51.53*
and up
Afternoon Tea Sightseeing River Cruise in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Oxford River Cruises offers sightseeing tours, picnic and dining river trips and private boat hire in the heart of historic oxford. Our cruises are designed to suit all tastes, from lazy lunchtime get togethers and elegant dinner cruises, to corporate events and birthday parties afloat.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I purchased this as a birthday treat for the girlfriend and I one sunny Sunday afternoon. Having lived near Oxford most of my life I had forgotten how nice a city it is and this was a perfect little reminder. The cruise itself was on time, with a knowledgable guide and very relaxed. The time just flew and it left us wanting more. Forget the food at the resturant, it's ok but the service was pretty appaling. Thankfully for them the cruise more than made up for it. Really good value for money and would recommend. Get there a little bit early and get a drink in, settle down and lose an hour cruising at river pace - great way to spend an afternoon.

1  Thank Ross B
"perch"
in 18 reviews
"recommend this trip"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We drove up from Portsmouth for a day out in Oxford, this entailed a river cruise which lasted for 50 minutes . We arrived at our starting point,, Number 1 the Folly ,which turned out to be a restaurant and landing stage for the cruise, we had a drink inside then the skipper came in and asked those that were on the cruise to kindly board the vessel (Golden Slumber ) we were told that we could take drinks on board , after a short safety talk, we were off. The skipper was very knowlegdeable about the boat houses along the river. The cruise finally came to an end and was informed that if we ate at the restaurant we would get a very generous discount, my partner had a trout salad but I plumbed for the lamb dish,well, when my lamb arrived, I was salivating over it,I tasted the lamb and I can honestly say that the lamb was the best I have ever eaten,it just melted in your mouth , the only thing that was disappointing is that my meal had to end. The waitresses were fantastic and helpfull, then we settled the bill and was plesentlysurprised with the cost.If you go to Oxford for the cruise, take notice of the itinery when it states to use the park and ride. I got stung for £17.50 for parking in the Multi story in Oxford.

1  Thank terence b
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed. Booked by my girlfriend through red letter days. Great value for money £50 for lunch with desert and a selection of wines, beer or soft drinks. 2 hours and 30 minutes. Very friendly and knowledgable captain. Beautiful view. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a sunset picnic cruise on the Thames. The weather was fine. We had a small boat with only 6 guests. The guide was nice and gave us a lot of information. The food was nice as well. We stayed on the river for 3 hours and we loved it.