All reviews bed dorm common room the bus common areas free tea and coffee luggage storage one night laundry service key card an iron close to the train station hostel earplugs beds stove noise usb
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Terrible place, I would not recommend it to anyone. Staff are not friendly or helpful at all, when I’ve asked them for something it’s like I’m asking for heaven. You work there for goodness sake. The beds are so uncomfortable and the pillows are completely flat, can’t even call it pillows. The showers stink. Hugely disappointed. The only thing good about the place, is security. You have a key card which locks room door.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stayed in 5 hostels over the duration of my two week trip, and this was by far the best one! It had all the best amenities and was located within walking distance of the bus station, bars, shopping, restaurants. This hostel was recommended by a friend, as well as another traveler we met along the way, who also agreed it was the best one they'd stayed at.
We were in a 6 bed dorm, and each bed had an outlet and USB port. There were also lockers in the room, which were not big enough to fit most suitcases, but there was plenty of space under the beds to put your bags.We were also provided with ear plugs, which were necessary. But anyone staying in hostels should know to bring your own earplugs and eye mask! Lots of dudes partying very late and loudly one night, so I definitely needed ear plugs, and I slept very well.
The room was clean and the bathrooms were clean. There were 3 showers located on our floor and I never had to wait. Water was warm and I had no issues using the shower. They were also spacious so there was plenty of room to shower and change. Towels are available at no charge and a hair dryer was available in the hallway, along with an iron.
They offer a laundry service for 4#, where they will wash and dry and put on your bed, which is definitely worth it. There is a kitchen and dining area and tv room. The kitchen had anything you would need to cook a meal, or re-heat your take away. They also had complimentary coffee and tea. Everything was clean and tidy.
The terrace was awesome! Fun, spacious and inviting, but sadly nobody was hanging out there and they close at 11. We were very much looking forward to meeting some people on the terrace, so that was a bummer. They have a small bar and a grill available, too.
Open wifi is available throughout the hostel, including in your room, and it worked very well. Reception is on the second floor, which is up a narrow staircase and no lift available and rooms are even higher, so be prepared to carry your luggage. Entry to hostel is with a key code and room is by key card. You can come and go as you please.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

This was my third time visiting in three years, stayed for 5 nights,
As requested I stayed in room 6, which is a spacious and nice room,
Beds are very comfortable, with 1 power outlet and 2 usb connections avaiable.
Rooms can be accessed with an electronic card, outside door using a keycode.
Please be aware that you have to be able to walk stairs, for me that's totally fine.
Toilets and showers are clean and modern, and the newly reburbished kitchen is very clean and spacious as well,
Stove, fridge and lots of countertop space, also free tea and coffee.
Common area's are really cozy, there's a TV room, dinner room, and rooftop terrace with a bar.
You'll always find someone to talk too, also if you're more of a shy person, you'll feel comfortable here.
I really recommend staying here and I'm definitely coming back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I will admit that I booked this as it was cheap but should have checked the location. It is right beside Bridge (a nightclub) on Park End street. I suppose this is fine if you are planning to spend your time in Oxford going out but if you want to get to sleep before 3am, forget about it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Un week-end entre amies très bien passé. Le personnel est très accueillant et arrangeant ! La petite terrasse est très mignonne et la chambre Seigneur des Anneaux confortable.
Staff of the hostel is really Nice, welcoming and helpful.
We were in the Lord of the Rings room, it was spacious enough for the four of us.

Date of stay: March 2018