All reviewsbed dormtrain stationcommon roomvending machinecommon areashostelearplugscomputersbedsfacilitiesnoisecollege
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed there because I wanted to see a friend of mine and visit this wonderful town. The place was very comfortable and I had advices when I had questions to ask to. The bed was very good despited the noise of a night club (but when you are veri tired, it doesn't matter). Moreover, the breakfast was good and the living room too. The bathrooms were good too (you don't have to share it with other people). I felt in safe and was not affraid of being stolen. It was very calm because there wasn't a lot of people. The staff was very very kind (as Chelsea). So, of I come back there, I will go to Central Backpackers once again.

Room Tip: All the rooms look good. I stayed in a room with 12 beds but there were only 3 people who stayed there so it was as if I was in a 3 beds room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The location is great, clean shower and bathrooms and free Internet.

The bad things : tiny lockers, just 2 showers, noisy club on the corner and they charge you 1 more pound if paying with credit card.

Cheap but needs to improve. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank babylon0
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed at the Central Backpackers in the female dorm. The dorms and beds are very comfortable and clean. The showering area is also very clean and well maintained. Central Backpackers is actually centrally located (2 mins from Gloucester Green). Its very close to all the shopping areas, colleges and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Starting with the good: Atmosphere and friendliness. Clean power showers. Free basic breakfast and self catering available with clean facilities. Sky TV on a large flat screen. Free internet access. Excellent location in the city centre and nearby a great indian daytime buffet.

The Bad: On first appearances the place looked grotty. The photos seen online made the place look much brighter, cleaner and made the place look more modern and spacious then it really was. Upon seeing it, my boyfriend dreaded the thought of staying the night there. They ran out of key cards so it was one between the two of us, the receptionist upon arrival wasn't very friendly. The noise from the nightclub opposite was terrible and you could hear it even with the windows shut. I'm sensitive to noise and light but strangely slept like a log, even without the free earplugs. The lockers were rather small and didn't fit some standard sized back packs.

Room Tip: If you like to party and stay up late, go here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank la_revolutionnaire
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. The rooms were nice, but its above, or near a very noisy nightclub. We had to be up at 6am, the music had just stopped by then, a waste of time, and money ( we should have slept in the car!) I do not reccommend this place, AWFULL!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple