“Thai Orchard Oxford”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
United Kingdom
“Thai Orchard Oxford”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Visited on a Saturday night recently, the food, service and atmosphere were very good. Definitely visit again.

• Visited December 2012

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great local Thai food. Beautiful dining room.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've been here many times as its very close to my home and I'm a big fan. Its not much to look at from the outside but Inside the decor is stunning with intricately carved wooden furniture. The staff also wear traditional clothing. They serve the usual fare expected in a Thai restaurant but the portion sizes, presentation and quality are very good. I also love the 'old school' desert trolley. Particularly the crunchie bar dessert!

• Visited October 2012
“Quite possibly the worst dining experience I've had in recent years”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our three hour ordeal began at 7:45 and finished at 10:30! Our mains and starters arrived almost two hours after we were seated, really not impressed. Starters turned up with mains, we had to chase up several missing dishes and desert turned up after we asked for the bill.

To top it off our pints of Boddingtons were served with ice and lemmon???

After complaining we were asked to pay full price and the only explanation offered was "sorry we were busy, no discount"

The food was pretty good but this isn't enough to make up for the appalling service. There are nicer Thai restaurant in Oxford center such as Chiang Mai Kitchen, I'd suggest going there instead!

2 Thank Olly1471
Taos, New Mexico
“Excellent Thai Food!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

In a cold environment, hot food is a must! Start with the Coconut milk, chicken and basil soup. Yum! It has all the heat you will ever need. After about my fourth spoonful, tears started streaming down my face. I was sure that someone would ask me if I was all right. The main course was Pad Thai. The presentation was an art piece. The Chef carved a sweet potato into a beautiful flower. The only complaint I had about this lovely restaurant was that the servers were talking up a storm not 10 feet away from me. Having been in Thailand, this is not unusual but it was mildly annoying. Having said that, they were very attentive and the service was excellent. The food is excellent indeed. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2012
“Inconsistent, but good value for money.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a surprisingly large restaurant. We had the misfortune to be seated near a family with young (screaming) children towards the rear, but fortunately they left well before we finished our meal.

Thai in the UK tends to be over-priced. This was not: especially for near-Central Oxford. The quality of the food was O.K., the decoration and the attentive staff somewhat better.

Car parking around here is a nightmare nowadays. Fortunately the Restaurant has its own small car park. This was fine for a quiet Monday night, but might be a problem on weekends.