“An impromptu and pleasant surprise”
Review of Prezzo - Oxford

Prezzo - Oxford
Ranked #239 of 690 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was New Year's Eve and we intended eating at the Malmaison, but the a la carte wasn't available and we were only offered the set meal at £95 per head!! We chose to try and find somewhere else.

We ventured outside and immediately saw diners in Prezzo. We were shown to a table for two and started with bruscheta which was delicious and then we both went for a calzone which was equally as tasty. The food was really good and so was the service.

We will be eternally grateful to the staff for fitting us in with no reservation on New Year's Eve.

Bravo Prezzo!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've been to lots of branches of Prezzo and the Oxford branch has the same high standards and quality as most of the others I've visited.

Large, delicious portions of food, reasonably priced - what more could you ask for! I had pasta and chocolate fudge cake - delicious!

Oxford branch is medium sized, nicely decorated inside. It was fairly quiet when we arrived, but later a couple of large parties came, who were noisy.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having eaten at many different branches of this reastaurant chain, this one is no exception. The food here is just as good as all the others. I had a Calzone as mains and Chocolate fudge cake for dessert and I couldn't find anything to fault - great food at a reasonable price. The staff were friendly and attentive and we were served quickly, especially since we visited on a busy Friday evening. We will continue to visit Prezzos in the knowledge that we can rely on them for good quality reasonably priced italian food.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I come here regularly. Its always very pleasant but after this time I have completely chance all my views!

It was a quiet lunch only one other table in the restaurant. The staff are always lovely however a man I've not seen before was in charge, mid 40's, bald and wore glasses. Ive never met anyone SO rude!
He was shouting across the restaurant! When he came to me to tell me they were out of a specific pasta he pointed right in my face and shouted "YOU" instead of polity approaching me. Singing very loud so customers could here his whining. Very unprofessional!!

If this man is the new manager it won't last a month! Rude, arrogant, impolite and definitely unprofessional there is no way this man could have ever had ANY hospitality experience. Just dreadful.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although the food was ok there was nothing special ....difficult to mess up pasta. Little bit of attitude present, but the location is fantastic and it is probably really special as a destination in the warmer weather. Not cheap and very formulaic. Struggling to note anything memorable.