“Always good food”

Nando's
Ranked #424 of 671 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We ordered 2 mains and a kids meal, we been there many times before nothing out of the ordinary just simple but I was not happy with the seating because it was too crammed in a empty venue.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Efficient staff. I did not experienced any ruddiness others have mentioned.
Bottomless soft drink option is very nice. Chicken is prepared in a very special way. Spicy option is really, really spicy.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have been here before. Last Wednesday it was crowded, We did not wait more then 10 minutes for table 29 outside but it was dirty. When I went to order this Sergio guy was impatient and quick on talking, I could not hear him because the place was loud and he showed rude gesture when repeating and gave do not bother look. He did it twice . I also work at retail giant for years. I never treat customer like that even if I am in huge pressured atmosphere. I think food is good, service is on time but this kind of disrespectful attitude would put customer off right away. And parking is real headache. It took nearly 20 minutes to find parking. hope this helps . xx

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This branch is great, food is always made well and the staff are lovely. There is hardly any parking though which makes it so difficult to want to go for convenience purposes.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nandos is a world famous Portuguese chicken specialist restaurant. I'd never been so went to one of Oxford's two branches to check it out.

The venue is slightly cramped with a central wall housing the bottomless frozen yogurt and soft drinks and plates and cutlery and a weird raised area that directly overlooks part of the lower venue. Toilets are pretty small and unisex and to be honest best avoided, not nice at all – especially the difficulty in opening the door from the inside to get out. Service was okay though most of it is self serve.

We had ten small Nandos' chicken wings in their (fairly average I must say) spicy sauce; a side of rice (very small portion) and two corn-on-the-cobs. The meal with one soft drink was over twenty pounds which I'd say was terrible value as it was simply not enough food for that amount of money. The chicken was pretty decent quality but simple fact remains that better chicken is available either end of the Cowley Road. I will not be back.

3  Thank BarntheBarn