Tripadvisor
Oxford
Post
Inbox
Search

“Bad service I’ve been for”
Review of Bangkok House

Bangkok House
Order Online
Ranked #153 of 824 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bangkok House was established since 1992. we regularly strives to provide authentic Thai cuisine. Combining the culinary skills of our Thai chef with locally sourced products. Wo would like to take a moment to introduce you to unique taste of Thai cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bad service
I’ve been for lunch
, a table for two
We arrived at 1:40, but it was the only table and the staff looked angry.
The food was cold and disgusting
At 2:25 came the waitress if we wanted anything else, because the chef finishes at at 2:30.
I saw the timetable is until 3, very disappointed and upset about my experience yesterday

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (268)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I celebrated an anniversary here last October with friends and family and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So, we thought we'd go again. The atmosphere is calm and the decor pleasant. Service is excellent and the food delicious. The menu is quite extensive and the prices reasonable. It's a lovely place to have a relaxing meal and we'll definitely be going again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 6, 2019 via mobile

Very nice Thai restaurant. Nice decor and service. We had the set menu £23, included a mixed starter and 3 mains plus stir fried veggies and rice. All the food was really tasty. Mains of chilli beef, chicken with cashew, and prawn red curry. I loved the veggie stir fry, veg was so fresh and not over cooked, which is unusual. The duck pancakes were good too.
This restaurant does not disappoint.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Why go for lunch at a chain fast food when there’s this little gem. Was off to Oxford Station when I decided to have a quick lunch 1st. Well all the chains were busy and I gave Bangkok House a punt, having last visited years ago. What a pleasant surprise a warm welcome & the pad Thai I ordered came quickly and was lovely, although I like mine spicier. The only criticism I have is it needs some modernisation, but don’t let that put you off.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019

Having a good friend that is Thai, she said this is as authentic as you can find. And sure enough, this place is fantastic. Service was very good, ambiance is great, and the food very very good. I recommended it to my nephew who is in hi first year at Uni and he agreed that the Bangkok house was very good. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019