Hotel du Vin(Henley-on-Thames)
$127
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Badgemore Park Golf Club(Henley-on-Thames)
$91
The Baskerville(Shiplake)(Great Value!)
$118
$89
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
$106
Leander Club(Henley-on-Thames)
$123
The Row Barge Inn(Henley-on-Thames)
$97
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
  • Restaurant
The Catherine Wheel(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdress codeprivate members clubthe riverolder clientelepassing boatsold school charmpanna cottagreat views of the thameslarge comfortable roomsmall fridgewalk in wardroberoom overlooking the thamesdeluxe roomlovely locationrecently stayed heredecided to stay overnighthenley regatta
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The room was very attractive and charming.
As we were travelling to a family wedding with 3 children under 5, we were advised that a suite was necessary. The hotel provided 2 camp beds for the children but refused to supply a cot for the baby.
When we checked in, we were informed of a surcharge for the camp beds.
The camp beds were lumpy but OK for small children.
Following the wedding the check-out time was 10am. With great difficulty we managed this.

The cost for 2 adults, 2 children and a baby to stay for 2 nights B&B at Phyllis Court was
£250 per night for the room = £500
£40 per camp bed per night = £160
£50 cleaning penalty = £50
TOTAL = £710

Two weeks later, my parents received a letter informing them that a £50 surcharge was to be added for cleaning the room. It transpired this letter was meant for me.
1. Letter send to incorrect recipient
2. Letter stated that the amount had been deducted from the credit card for cleaning as a child had drawn on the skirting board and wet the camp bed.
3. We cannot confirm if this was true but assuming it was, Cif and a J cloth would room crayon marks
4. I had BOUGHT 2 camp beds from Lidl myself for 40 EURO each two weeks previously and having spend 160 POUNDs to hire them for two nights, felt a surcharge to be steep. Also the hotel knew that small children would be using them and should have placed mattress protectors on the beds.

I wrote to the hotel outlining my dissatisfaction, to which they were unhelpful. I also observed at the time of checking out, the way the staff handled other guests complaints about excessive noise. This was very inconsistently handled. Some people got no discount, some £10, some $20 and other 50% reduction from the room rate,.

Also very many facilities at the club were for use by "members only". I feel that considering the rates being charged, the very least a guest should be offered is unincumbered use of the facilities.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank RKDIreland
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed at Phyllis Court for a night recently when I was in the area for business. It's a beautiful place situated right next to the River Thames with stunning grounds. However it is also within easy walking distance of town.
I stayed in a standard double room which was extremely clean and well presented and had a balcony with views over the river.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed both dinner and breakfast in the Dining Room, which offers a fantastic menu.
It's an extremely relaxing location so I wouldn't recommend it for people looking for wild nights out but it's a wonderful place to relax and get away from it all.
They also have ample free parking for residents which is a blessing for a venue practically in the town centre!
There is a dress code at the hotel which might bother some people but it didn't cause any problems for me and I wasn't surprised considering it's primarily a member's club. They do send you details of the dress code when you book so you can come prepared.
I'm also recommending it to my friend as a wedding venue as she has recently got engaged and they have some stunning functions rooms, one of which is right on the river.
All in all I found Phyllis Court to be a lovely place to stay, I would definately stay there again and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed in Phyllis Court recently as we were in Henley for a wedding (at a different venue). It was perfect for this and I would recommend the Club if you can get a good rate and don't mind the members club atmosphere.

Pros
- Great location overlooking the river and a few minutes walk into the centre of town
- We had a standard double which was small but pleasantly decorated with a terrace overlooking the river.
- Good breakfast
- Smart traditional decor - I was expecting it to be quite faded and was pleasantly suprised.

Cons
- Dress code is a little over the top and you are constantly reminded about it.
- If there is a event going on you may be disturbed by the music. They do warn you in advance though and didn't effect us as we came back late.
- Non members can't go into some areas of the club (again did not really bother us but might annoy if you were spending more time there).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2008

This place (I really can’t call it an hotel) appears to be a way for the lucky members to subsidise their club at your expense whilst they section off large parts of the hotel from your grubby gaze and generally behave in a rude and cavalier manner towards you, great for them, bad for you.

If you have the misfortune to be staying here do not be under the illusion that this is an hotel, it's a club and you as a guest are at best an irritant.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DaGetty
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We had an excellent stay at Phyllis Court Club whilst attending a friends Wedding. The Deluxe Rooms had recently been referbished to a very high standard, were very comfortable and they boasted beautiful views over the River Thames.

We decided to book a long weekend to make the most of Henley and the surrounding areas and were very glad we did as we had a great stay at the club.

Phyllis Court was a very relaxing and peaceful place, where we were are able to enjoy the surroundings and even head off on a boat trip along the river thames on their private boat.

The Full English Brekafast was of a high standard and served in the Orangery, which is a beautiful conservatory overlooking the beautiful gardens and river.

The staff were very helpful and were able to recommend places for us to visit in the nearby area.

There are dress codes and certain rules (i.e no mobile phones), but these make the ambience of the club enjoyable to all.

I would recommend to any one looking for somewhere to stay in Henley.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business