All reviewsdress codeprivate members clubthe riverolder clientelepassing boatsold school charmpanna cottagreat views of the thameslarge comfortable roomlovely positionsmall fridgewalk in wardroberoom overlooking the thamesdeluxe roomeasy parkingrecently stayed heredecided to stay overnight
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I went to a lovely party recently here, however it is lucky I actually arrived. The car park attendant of whom I foolishly asked a polite question i.e. 'Please could you tell me where the disabled parking is?' was definitely not in favour of women or the disabled. Unfortunately, I am both!! He was extremely rude and said there were only disabled bays in the members' car park and as I wasn't member there was no parking available for me with a blue badge! I queried his prejudice and he was very antagonistic. Eventually he said he looked after disabled people - all I can say is heaven help those poor souls! Finally, after I remonstrated with him, he declared that if there were blue badge spaces in the members' area, I would be able to park there! What an extraordinary way to treat anyone. Stay away from this place, the car park attendant has serious issues.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frances S
Management response:Responded September 26, 2017

Dear Tiskerman,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the lovely party.
Your feedback regarding the Parking Attendant we take extremely seriously. Please could we are you to contact me on emma.wilson@phylliscourt.co.uk at your earliest convenience. Anyone with a blue badge is, of course, permitted to park in the disabled bays in the members car park so I apologise that this message was not relayed.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Had a lovely DB&B stay here to celebrate our wedding anniversary on a quiet Wednesday in August. The "international" staff were very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived and we upgraded for an extra £50 from a standard room to an impressively large superior double, with excellent views across the lawns to the Thames (total cost for B&B £175).
Dinner was very good with just one of mains - a feta pancake veggie option being very bland flop - literally ! Breakfast was excellent with plenty of options.
If you stay here overnight you are in effect temporary members of the club, and the bar prices seem very reasonable which is presumably a membership perk. Cost of 3 course dinner in the orangery was under £30 per head - again good value.
The next morning the staff were happy for us to relax in the colonial-style lounge for as long as we wanted after checking out - again leaving us feeling very spoilt and refreshed. Thankyou Phyllis Court. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alastair2013
Management response:Responded August 18, 2017

Dear Alastair2013,
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
I'm so pleased that you had such a wonderful time at the Club and left feeling very spoilt and refreshed.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
We hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We attended a wedding in the pavilion and it was just great. The staff were so nice, it was very intimate and truly perfect with the river just beside you. The venue as such is private which is the ideal setting for a wedding. Most people stayed at Phyllis Court and really liked that.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank CloistersBucks
Management response:Responded August 18, 2017

Dear CloistersBucks,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased that you had such a lovely experience at Phyllis Court. We hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

My new husband and I were absolutely thrilled with our wedding day at Phyllis Court! It was always going to be a very special day, but the wonderful staff and gorgeous location made it just perfect! Our wedding coordinator prior to the day, Dominique, was fantastic. No question was too small or silly, she was well organised, friendly, supportive and very reassuring in the run up to the big day. Adam, the man in charge on the day, made sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone was happy, and did his job brilliantly so that we didn't have to worry about a thing or feel pressured about keeping our friends as family happy, he and his wonderful team took care of everything. On top of that, the food was absolutely delicious, and even our guests with more specialised dietary needs were perfect catered for. The service was impeccable, we didn't want for anything. The building and ground are beautiful and the Riverside Pavilion was perfect for our wedding of about 65 guests. Our rooms were clean and spacious (we were in a deluxe room) and nicely decorated in a neat modern way that also seemed to fit nicely with the more traditional setting. We aren't members of Phyllis Court, but we treated very well, just as of we were. We had a wonderful day and have fantastic memories of our time there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wedding venue, or just somewhere extra special to stay!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma N
Management response:Responded July 28, 2017

Dear Emma,
Many congratulations on your beautiful wedding. We're delighted that you had such a brilliant day.
I will pass on your praise to Dominique, Adam and the rest of the team.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review - we really appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We are regulars at Phyllis Court and always enjoy it. This time was no different. However, there is now a security man at the end of the drive who was less than friendly - I think he treats you as a 'hostile' until he sees your name on the list. One other small issue - when I checked in I asked for some fresh milk but was basically told to get it myself from the bar - not very helpful when arms are full of luggage.
None of this puts us off staying again - it's quiet, reasonably priced and quirky.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank SpaldingOxon
Management response:Responded July 28, 2017

Dear SpaldingOxon,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you regularly choose to stay with us and always enjoy it.
You feedback is important to us as it helps us to continue to improve our service. Please be assured that I will investigate the points you have raised.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.