Strongly recommend staying at the Red Lion in Henley. Staff were extremely helpful in any requests I made. Sunday morning breakfast was terrific and at a very reasonable price. When checking in staff dealt with the process quickly and efficiently which was great as I had travelled all the way down from Inverness by car.
The view from my hotel room was magnificent. Waking up on a Sunday morning and seeing the picturesque beauty of the river Thames was delightful. The double room I booked was fully furnished and what was great was that wi-fi connectivity was available so I could catch up on my work emails.
The litte bar area with comfortable seating was a great way to unwind after a long journey. All food ordered was delivered and cooked properly which makes a change from other hotels that I have stayed in the past. All in all a great weekend at one of the grandest hotels I have ever stayed in. A thoroughly smooth couple of nights whilst attending one of my closest friends wedding. Definitely will come back in the summer for the Henley Royal Regatta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the River Thames and the tranquil green fields beyond, The Red Lion Hotel, Henley-on-Thames offers the most sought after location in the heart of one of Southern England's most beautiful and affluent market towns. It is also home to the most expensive home outside London.With four spacious banqueting and conference suites and thirty-nine individually designed bedrooms, each with its own unique history and character, The Red Lion offers over 600 years of experience in service to some of the country’s most prominent figures.Superbly located just two minutes from the market square, The Red Lion rests just five minutes from the Henley Railway Station and a short drive to the M4 and M40 motorways allowing for excellent access to London and the surrounding areasOur dining room offers an outstanding menu, using only the finest seasonal and local ingredients.Our unique wedding suites make this the ideal venue for weddings and civil ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Red Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Hotel Henley-On-Thames
- Red Lion Henley On Thames
- Henley-On-Thames Red Lion