Brilliant - our son and daughter-in-law's wedding was held in the hotel and many of the guests stayed at least one night. Our bedroom and the three others we saw were well furnished, clean and of a very good standard. The views from some rooms obviously differ, dependent where your room is located in the building. The Red Lion Hotel is an historic building and has been maintained as such, having quality fittings and many original features. The wedding breakfast and the breakfast were excellent - in fact faultless and the staff were all helpful, courteous and attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the River Thames and the tranquil green fields beyond, The Red Lion Hotel, Henley-on-Thames offers the most sought after location in the heart of one of Southern England's most beautiful and affluent market towns. It is also home to the most expensive home outside London.With four spacious banqueting and conference suites and thirty-nine individually designed bedrooms, each with its own unique history and character, The Red Lion offers over 600 years of experience in service to some of the country’s most prominent figures.Superbly located just two minutes from the market square, The Red Lion rests just five minutes from the Henley Railway Station and a short drive to the M4 and M40 motorways allowing for excellent access to London and the surrounding areasOur dining room offers an outstanding menu, using only the finest seasonal and local ingredients.Our unique wedding suites make this the ideal venue for weddings and civil ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Red Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Hotel Henley-On-Thames
- Red Lion Henley On Thames
- Henley-On-Thames Red Lion