“One night stay”

The Row Barge Inn
Horsham, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed one night. A Monday. The room was very pleasant and, as I was not staying for breakfast due to an early start, the landlord reduced the bill.

It was quiet and there was football on in the bar but it was a foreign Sky channel. A bit odd I thought.

The language from one of the locals was a bit strong but not the pub's fault!!

The bed was one of those Tempur types and I hate them. Like sleeping on the floor!! I like a firm, ordinary mattres, but these things I do not find comfy.

Monday is the only night they do not do food but that was not a problem.

Nice room. Nice welcome. Dodgy locals. "Funny" bed!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Goan_and_Indian_fan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Exmoor
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Perfectly located just off the main high street, so no evening traffic noise.
Staff are really friendly and helpful.
Good pub food in the evening and a great full English breakfast greeting you in the morning.
Lovely bending corridors to your room, although I would say a little difficult to climb the stairs if you have restricted mobility.
Would definitely recommend this wonderful cosy inn.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Arks_on_the_moor
Bristol
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I am writing the review from the Row Barge as I am staying here for a few days while my husband works in the area. Our room is great (No1) and was very clean and has everything we need. Feels warm and homely and all the staff are friendly to us. In fact, nothing is too much trouble and a late check-out has been arranged for me and this means the world!
We have been allowed to park our car, in the car park of the pub's chain, by Waitrose just 5 minutes walk away. This has saved us a lot of hassle and money.
You will need to bring your own toiletries but small soap bars are provided. Towels and bedding are great. We slept well on the memory foam matress. There is a hairdryer and iron in the room and ironing board available. We have 2 bottles of water each day and there are tea and coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast is a full English and plenty to set you up for the day served with large glass of orange juice and fresh coffee or tea.
When staying in Henley again, I will choose this place above the Hotel Du Vin. I am very impressed!

Room Tip: There is a shower and bath in room 1 but just a bath in the room upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank terrijay
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My partner and I stayed here on Friday 4th Nov. On arrival we were greated and made to feel most welcome. We'd booked for a one night stay. After a brief introduction we were shown to our room. This is an old building that has been altered to allow for 4 guest room's, ours was room no.1, all the rooms were bright and very clean. But still keeping features of the original interior. The bed was very comfortable, bedding and towel really nice along with all the decor.

We had our evening meal in the bar, all home made, very tasty and excellent value for money. Beer was hmmm lush.

After a good night sleep we enjoyed a full cooked breakfast. In summary, nothing was too much trouble, fantastic value for money and friendly staff. We will be going back very soon.

Parking is available in the nearby car park and free after 6pm until mid morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Baz M
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Old fashioned pub with contemporary rooms/accommodations.

Watch your head! ...especially after a few pints of Oxford Gold :-)

Food is fabulous... welcome is homely.... parking isn't easy and there's a slight walk up a hill to get there, but if you can cope with that minor inconvenience, you are in for a treat...

Breakfast is probably one of the best I've had anywhere in the UK; newspaper ready for you when you arrive... fresh juice, fresh coffee... they really could not do more for you if they tried... cannot be faulted...

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again... struggling to think of any reason not to! ...in fact I've traded staying at a four star hotel because I much prefer the relaxed atmosphere and the feeling of not being ripped off :-)

Enjoy your stay, but don't share too much as I'll be upset if I can't get a room 'cos you've got it :-)

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower, don't go for the top floor (ceiling height is an issue on the top floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Geoff and Jenni G
Salisbury Wiltshire
Reviewed October 24, 2011

An old pub that has done well to refurbish rooms to a good standard. This means that it is a bit quirky with uneven floors and blocked doorways and you go through the serving area to reach your room. Very clean and comfortable with modern colours. It is located at the top of the High Street and therefore is quiet but you are quickly able to get to restaurants and bars. Friendly helpful staff. Only downside was that a full cooked breakfast was presented to us without being asked what we wanted, good job we weren't vegetarians, egg intolerant or the like.The quality of the bacon& sausages was excellent,only white bread served and no cereal, fruit , yoghurt starter although a generous orange juice and we requested more toast with marmalade served with a smile but not offered beforehand. Would be happy to go again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ms_j_Subtle
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a pub and not a hotel, so don't expect hotel standards, ie you have to go through the back of the bar to get to your room, and make sure you arrange with landlord if arriving outside pub hours.

Stayed here one night but didn't dine as at a function nearby. Had a double room with small ensuite and TV. Very old and do watch your head going up the stairs (and coming down again!) on the low stairs ceiling. Lots of old beams.

Friendly lady saw me in and gave me directions, and also showed me courtyard garden which was most pleasant in the sunshine to partake of a £5 sandwich (which came with chips as well as salad). Good cooked breakfast although manager/proprietor(?) initially thought I had paid too little for it, but showed him the confirmation e-mail and he was fine. Looked in a larger double bedroom next door and that was well presented too. Room and English breakfast cost £65 for single occupancy.

Room Tip: Tell them if you are tall!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo