“Great food and very good staff (overall)”

Loch Fyne - Henley-on-Thames
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food and very good staff (overall)”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars at Loch Fyne Henley and have never had a bad meal or even a mediocre one. The food is always very good- the salmon ashet is always great and moules/grilled bream/etc don't disappoint.
The only variable can be the service. The manager and Manuel are, as previously mentioned, always attentive and quick but other staff have been either a bit over-eager or slow...
We were so frustrated by this at our last visit that we felt we had to say something and the reasons was very good - which restores our faith for future visits. Loch fyne is a chain with a difference and we hope this continues.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great staff, good meal”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family ate here on the 14th March and had a good meal, well looked after by an ever-cheerful and energetic Manuel. It is some years since we ate here as the service became very slow ... pleased to say that that is all in the past, certainly based on today.
I had the mussels for my starter and confess that I was surprised that they were very small, except for one, but nevertheless, they were delicious. The Hake fillet, which we all had, was great but the saute potatoes were swimming in oil which was a little disappointing.
The chocolate fondant was gorgeous though, as were, I am assured, the lemon tart and the cheesecake.
Personal gripe (to all restaurants, not just Loch Fyne) please avoid plates that have a "rustic" texture ... scraping cutlery across them to catch the last flakes of fish is like nails on a blackboard!!

• Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
“True to the formula”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was part of a party of 8 for lunch at Loch Fyne in Henley in December. I hadn’t eaten in this particular restaurant before but had in a few others around the country and felt this was pretty much up with the rest of the pack in terms of the space, service and food. Altogether a good enough experience for the price, though not, for me at least, a place for a "special" evening out.

Visited December 2012
LONDON
“Waste of my time”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have ordered a take away cod and chips in the past (£7.50) and it was lovely. Perhaps the best Cod and chips I have ever had. The batter was perfect and the chips (only a large handful) were cooked twice were amazing.

However I decided to order a take away during my lunch break on the second occasion as i thought £7.50 was worth to pay for such good food. No one at the front bar so i walked through to the main restaurant, found the waitress and asked her if I can order cod and chips to take away. Her response was 'sorry we are too busy to do take away food at the moment'. To me that states 'we don't want your money so get lost!!'. She didn't even offer me a table to sit in the restaurant.

In my opinion just extremely poor customer service. Its going to take the same amount of time to cook the food and less time for the waiters to 'stress' about another customer they have to 'wait' on.

Lovely food (from my first visit) but I will NOT be returning to this establishment EVER!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank delboy77
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good eating”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This Fish Restaurant is well worth a visit we had 2 starters 2 mains and a bottle of wine £47 as we have a loyalty card you get discount. The Manager is very pleasant and makes one welcome. The choice of fish is very good and very fresh. Give it a try

• Visited February 2013