TripAdvisor
Chipping Norton
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews hot tub treatment rooms patio doors wedding venue relaxation room massage and facial pro shop cotswold hotel interesting holes rooftop jacuzzi course dinner modern hotel bar area relaxing break the ground floor would highly recommend this hotel in excellent condition
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed for one night. As you approach the hotel from the main road it is apparent that the surrounding areas to the building were still being worked on!
First impressions are that it looks like a housing development. The entrance to the reception as you drive in is hidden and not immediately obvious.Our room was a 100yds from the entrance along a gravel driveway - not ideal if you were pulling a suitcase. The room had only been put into service the week before we arrived,.it looked great when we first entered, but we began to identify quite a number of shortcomings, a list of which are too many to itemise here. No doubt many will be rectified, but in my view, having been a Hotel GM in a new build, many of the issues should have been sorted. We had a meal in the evening at the hotel, primarily having walked in the main street in Chipping Norton found the place very run down with no sign of a decent restaurant. The dinner in the hotel can only be described as cheap & poor quality. However the breakfast was OK.The facilities at the hotel are quite extensive but there is no information in the room explaining what is available.
Maybe in a few months when things have settled down it will be a good place to stay.

Room tip: It's all new so assume the first to be put in service will not have too many snags!
Date of stay: September 2019
Mobile53033820737, Manager at Cotswolds Club Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good day sundanse2

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our property!

We look forward to hosting you in our new hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I want to start with the golf course - impeccably kept, challenging but great design and it would have got a 10/10 for one small blemish... not all the holes have holes numbers on the tees so it gets a 9.7/10. But I commend the greenkeepers for a great job.
Now the room - nice size, clean, comfortable bed however, and this is a massive issue with me and 7 out of 10 hotels have it.... the shower!!! The water pressure must be run by a 3 legged hamster in a dynamo wheel cage because it really was a DRIZZLE and with this being a new build there is no excuses for this, the main door to the room is bizarre as it takes ages to close and no you can’t hurry it up by pushing or pulling it. There is currently a mild smell of sewage as well but that maybe because building work to extend the hotel is taking place so I will give this the benefit of doubt.
Now for the fun part - dinner -
Food was just about ok but the service was like an episode of Fawlty Towers, forgetting to bring out sides, asked for water which came late, the staff clearly need to attend fruit school as my dessert was supposed to have a blueberry compote and when I got raspberry jam instead they argued I was wrong!
Breakfast - everything was cold for the cooked breakfast but at least the coffee was hot.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good day waynet462

Thank you for taking the time to review us and thank you for your lovely comments related to our course and clean rooms.

I am taking all your comments regarding food and beverage service up with the head of department and appreciate you taking the time to bring them to my attention.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Stayed here prior to a Conference at the local Heythrop park - I wish I had stayed at the Cotswold another night as the room I had at Heythrop was awful. Lovely rooms as the other traveler pictures show. Decent sized bar although it was a little quiet when I was there. Fabulous heart breakfast, friendly staff and lovely food in the bar at night. Plenty of parking, although they could do with a better light to show where reception is as its not immediately obvious.My colleague and I struggled to find it initially - and no we are not blind. A minor point I know but its all about the customer experience - get that right and people will come back time and time again

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Good Day Rod M

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Hotel.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the future, and again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Visited the spa had an amazing massage and treat with my daughters . The therapist was lovely and very welcoming .We were the only ones in the spa so it was very relaxing .
Hubby and daughter’s boyfriend had a game of golf whilst we were in the spa so it was ideal for us all
The bar area was comfortable , however , the only comment I would say was that some of the the bar staff were a little abrupt with us when ordering drinks

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Good Day Alex218

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Hotel reception staff, pleasant, helpful and friendly. Hotel lovely and quiet, despite building works going on to extend hotel.
Room was lovely, had air conditioning which was a blessing as it was a hot day. Super comfy beds and duvet, bathroom lovely and spacious. Sadly water pressure not great for the power shower. Room could do with a fridge in it, or at least some bottles of drinking water. There isn’t room service, or glasses in the room so had to use plastic cups from bathroom and drink tap water at night.

Love the little balcony over looking the golf course.

Really let down by breakfast. The breakfast room had a lot of wasps, crawling all over the food. Couldn’t have fruit juice as wasps all over the jugs and floating in the juice. Plus flying around the tables causing problems. We left without eating the breakfast we paid for due to this reason and the fact I have anaphylactic reactions to wasp and bee stings. We promptly left in search of breakfast which was a shame. Otherwise would have been a 4/5 star review.

Date of stay: August 2019