“Traditional Coaching Inns”

The Crown and Cushion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is part of the Traditional coaching Inns chain. The company as a whole are totally indifferent to their customers complaints and fail to reply to any written communication. We stayed at their hotel in Brackley, which was appalling. I could not recommend any hotel or restaurant associated with Traditional Coaching Inns as they fail to address any criticisms whasoever.

1  Thank Liz B

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Booked for 4 nights as myself (and my friend) was working up near Oxford for the weekend, we arrived and was greeted with a very miserable looking receptionist and not very helpful. As staying at this hotel for business I needed to use the internet but when I tried to login to their 'free wifi' it wouldn't work, I was told that our room was too far away from reception to get signal (even though we were directly above the reception). As for our bathroom, the water was wither freezing cold or scoulding hot, (my friend actually burnt her arm), the shower head was like a sprinkle and unbareable to take a shower in therefore forcing myself to wash my hair in the sink!!!! The staff barely spoke English and looked miserable all the time! Would never in a million years stay back here.

3  Thank DWoods1990
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I visited with my grand-daughter when everything else was booked locally. I was a bit reluctant as a previous visit had been awful. However I was pleasant surprised. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bar was fully booked but we had bar food in the main restaurant which was attractively done out with white linen on the tables, butter and chocolates out already. The food was copious and tasty. My grand-daughter was unable to eat all of hers so they helpfully gave her a plastic tub with her 'doggy bag' for later. The prices were very reasonable for this area.

This is not a top class establishment (although my grand-daughter thought it 'very posh' and was impressed. However I would recommend it for a comfortable, reasonably priced, family venue.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Shockingly bad meal in my opinion (sealed clams and raw lamb)! Request for manager ignored; eventually found someone who answered description of manager given by helpful waitress but who denied being the manager. Didn't stop him from getting into an aggressive argument with my 71 year old dinner companion though! Eventually the individual decided to get aggressive with me too!

Helpful waitress did write off the bill for main courses without demur; felt sorry for her, she had zero support.

Well worth avoiding in my opinion!

3  Thank Tony M
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My parents stayed here on a visit and were extremely disappointed. The rooms were actually quite pleasant, but the whole place was let down by very bad service. I was with them when they checked in and the receptionist was completely disinterested-as the face of the hotel I would expect to be greeted at least with a smile.

The room was large and well appointed which was a good point about the place-I believe they have recently been refurbished. They had breakfast there and after waiting more than 20 minutes and asking twice for toast they were told "You're not the only ones waiting to be served" which is truly awful. This was a real shame, as the hotel is large, nicely decorated and the rooms good, but on the whole they felt the service really let the place down.

1  Thank Rebecca186361