Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Heythrop Park Resort(Chipping Norton)
  • Restaurant
Crown and Cushion Hotel(Chipping Norton)
  • Breakfast included
The Fox(Chipping Norton)
Bell Hotel(Charlbury)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)
1,390 results
All reviewsgolf courseexecutive roomheythrop parktwo double bedsbrassey restaurantbeautiful groundscar parkseparate buildingmodern hotellong driveset menuleisure clubspa facilitiescourse dinnersauna and steam roomlovely locationbar area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hidden amongst well maintained Oxfordshire greenery the Crown Plaza offers a tranquil, family friendly setting for those wanting to explore the Oxford(shire) area.

The rooms were small but comfortable, decorated in a way that doesn't blend too nicely into the background. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous, the bar was spacious the breakfast buffet ample all in all seven on ten.

Those of a certain political leaning could be offended by the “David was here” notice in the foyer where as others will perhaps see it as a plus point.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for the feedback that you posted on the Trip Advisor website, it means a lot to us when people take the time to publish their views. It gives us the opportunity to improve any imperfections. Regards J Angus Resort Director

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was decorated in 2010 but looks more 1980s or think cruise ship. Sadly a design faux-pas but that was the only hiccup - mega comfy beds, fabulous breakfast and friendly staff. The highlight for our kids was being chauffeured to the spa and playground in golf buggies - the staff offered. Pool very warm, not too deep, open 9.30-6.30 for children and new playground with zip wire, climbing frame, basket swing. Seen food cost comments but thought it was ok though would like more non meat options. Kids menu very good and not your usual chips with everything.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stopat4
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on the trip advisor website. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that the children liked the new playground and that we could offer what you required. Our aim is to ensure that all guests have a relaxing and an enjoyable time here at our resort. We look forward to seeing you in the future
Regards J Angus Resort Director

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Really enjoyed our break here- just a one night getaway.Lovely spa (no jacuzzi sadly) really delicious food in the restaurant and lovely grounds to walk around. The room was small but very clean and nice. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your review that you posted on the Trip Advisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed our wonderful resort, hospitality and the surrounding area. Our aim is to offer the highest of standards to our guests so that they want to come back again.

J Angus Resort Director

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked a two night stay with spa treatments and am afternoon tea for my wife and myself

We were very impressed by the fresh and modern decor of our room which whilst not the largest of rooms was certainly comfortable

Our spa treatments were very good and the pool and spa facilities, a little walk away are excellent

We had a dinner on our first night and it was great, if slightly rushed, but great all the same. The waiting staff were all very polite and helpful

We had room service on our second night and this was prompt and warm and very tasty, the burger toppings are great !

The same could be said for breakfast, a big selection and nothing ran out, we eat later the second morning and there was plenty of fresh food coming out

All in all this seemed a great location, definately need a car to get around but once there everything is available, we wouldnt hesitate to recommend

• Stayed: August 2012
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

It was a pleasure to read your review. We take great pride in making sure that all our customers have an enjoyable and a relaxing time. Our aim is to maintain high standards. The team look forward to seeing you again.

J Angus Resort

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had originally booked for the Main House, but due to the negative reviews I spoke with two, extremely, helpful members of the Heythrop Team (Francesa (hope I spelt that right) and Marilyn)) on a few occassions. They listened to my concerns and organised for me to stay at the Plaza instead.

The tree lined approach with glimpses of the landscape were lovely, easy to park he car and after about one minutes walk we were at Reception. Right from the start greeting with a smile. Marilyn even came down to say hello, which I was not expecting.

Others have complained about the layout of the hotel, it really is not confusing at all and I felt that the two buildings complemented one another, architectural taste is truely an individual thing.

The only downsides to the stay were:
- room a little on the small side - as not in the room that often not a real problem at all
- small windows therefore little natural light - lots of artificial light, at night fantastic as really dark and condusive to a very good nights sleep
- tip of iron broken - housekeeping changed within five minutes
- we were only there for 3 nights

The upsides were:
- fantastic Heythrop Team, friendly and helpful, never felt ignored or a bother it needed assistance
- we ate in the restaurant, only managed a starter and main. Although I was full the food was too good to leave, ended up over eating and fell asleep within ½ hour of finishing
- we ate in the mezzanine before leaving, this time did not have a starter (I learnt my lesson), again, food so good we couldn't leave any on the plate
- thought I'd miss out not being able to have a bath. The shower in the room was fantastic, power or rainfall, I of course swapped between the two
- the biscuits and hot chocolate in the rooms
- bed soooo comfortable
- within our room practically no noise was heard from other guests, just someone praticising their singing scales and that was only for ten minutes or so
- unlike other hotels, if you forget your toothpaste, they do not make you pay for it (Colgate by the way)

It really is worth having a walk round the main house, I can understand why staying there would be problematic and as with all stately homes it is old and in need of some attention, nevertheless, beautiful building and grounds.

I know it may sound like I am a friend or maybe an employee of the hotel but I am not and if I am ever in that corner of Oxford again this will be my first choice of hotel.

I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I was delighted to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to post them. It gives us the opportunity to improve any imperfections and maintain high standards for our future guests. Our aim is to ensure that all our clients experience a relaxing and enjoyable time in such amazing surroundings, we look forward to seeing you in the future. .
J Angus Resort Director