“I wanted to like this”

The Lamb Inn Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Burford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our 2 AA rosette cotswolds restaurant is located on a quaint side street in the heart of Burford, famed for its sheep fairs of times gone by when our historic hotel, was once a collection of weavers cottages. This history teamed with our outstanding food and friendly service makes for a great location for lunch or dinner in Burford - indulge in seasonal plates of food that celebrate the fantastic flavours of our local ingredients whilst relaxing in an ambiance that is both intimate and homely. On Sundays, join us with family and friends for a traditional Sunday lunch, nothing fussy, just good food done really well.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

But i couldn't. It was really disappointing. The food is simply no good. We have been 3 times. The quality has deteriorated each time. I wanted this to be a great little local. But it isn't.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Initially we sat at a too small table in the bar area, flagstone floor and open fireplace with our puppy under the table. We were quite happy here (family of 4) but were offered an alternative table with more space. This was in the lounge area, carpeted but with open fires again. On a cold autumn day we all relished the warmth, comfort and high level of service even though we only ate a light lunch. We were not rushed at all. Friendly atmosphere. Would love to come back to stay.

Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Lamb Inn. I personally recall your family and dog. It is always nice when I can put a face and occasion to kind text. Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a professional Blue Badge Guide it is very important that a venue I take clients too forms a memorable part of their day out with me and for that reason I am very choosy about where I take them. '
I first etablished the 'credentials' of The Lamb at Burford by way of that highly reliable tomb - 'The Good Pub Guide' and as usual, the initial recommendation proved to be well founded. I have since taken quite a few people there and they have never let me down in terms of atmosphere - service or I guess most importantly the food itself.

Yesterday I took a Canadian family there and as on previous occasions The Lamb came up trumps. While I have used the formal restaurant area in the past, this time the family were seated at a lovely window table in the main bar area. I actually thought it was a better than the formal area which has less atmosphere nice though it is.

My clients were delighted by the ambiance and the food and that means I was too and I will without question be using this excellent spot again in the future. It is everthing I look for in a country pub and more specifically, a Costswold country pub !

Reviewed October 31, 2012

After a day's long walk in the Cotswolds, what could be better than a fine meal and bottle of wine in a country inn? But not any ordinary pub - a place where the steak is perfectly cooked and the food elegantly presented.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you don't like eating very expensive bar meals, in a cold draft, with wood fire smoke filling your lungs then keep away. Our lunch experience was extremely disappointing. The eating area was between the front and back doors hence a cold draft was constantly hitting us as doors were flung open. It took forty minutes from sitting to finally being served our meals. They were served in crock bowls which were so hot they burnt your fingers and so the food was too hot to eat. By the time the bowls had cooled the vegetables were cold as ice. Each meal cost £13 and was very poor value.