“Excellent Little Find”
Review of Cotland House

Cotland House
Ranked #9 of 15 Burford B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My fiancee and I wanted a friendly, charming little B&B in the Burford area, so we could break a family trip in the North, on our return to London. We were delighted with our stay, the room was lovely, bathroom expansive and were made to feel very much at home.

On a selfish note, I do prefer to have access to our shower, but my fiancee was delighted with the big tub, and will tell all that my annual bath, did me the world of good - Had we put this down as a pre-requisite, I'm sure we would have been allocated another room.

Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and served until 09.30am, which helped us as tired late risers. We had a nice five minute walk into Burford and when we wish to return, would not hesitate to book another night at Cotland House.

Room Tip: Ask what the options are and explain what your requirements are.
2  Thank yoghurtman

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed overnight with my parents and had a beatiful stay - lovely welcome, gorgeous charming rooms and delicious breakfast. Perfect. Our rooms were quaint, and my parents' room was really spacious with a seating area that my dad used to read the papers in peace! Lovely warm greeting from the host and the food was simply scrummy at breakfast with heaps of choices. Lovely.

Room Tip: The large double that has a sofa in it is gorgeous
2  Thank skl2910
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nicely decorated, clean and comfortable room. Quiet location but still easy to reach Burford and there is a pub practically next door if you don't feel like the walk. Plenty of books/magazines/games if you've forgotten to take your own.
Lovely breakfast and very welcoming people. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was the forth place of stay of my 1 month journey around Europe. The staff were friendly. The was nice and the breakfast in the morning was awesome, what made it better was that it's also walking distance to a lotH of cafe's and restaurants
I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Cotland House is in a great location in the Cotswolds, and easily within walking distance of Burford. The rooms were large and airy, and very quiet, despite the house being right on the road. The English breakfast was wonderful, and we'd recommend Cotland House to anyone seeking a quiet space to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was the second time my partner and I had chosen to stay at Cotland house and it was even better than we remembered! All the rooms are beautifully decorated with personal finishing touches. I had a great nights sleep and thoroughly enjoyed using the tastefully decorated bathroom, complete with roll top bath! Shelly was welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Just as we had remembered the breakfast was amazing. A huge bowl of fresh fruit, orange juice, warm croissants and cereal were waiting for us in the morning and that was before Shelly had offered us a cooked brekfast. My partner commented that the sausages and bacon were fantastic and I really enjoyed my bolied eggs, which were cooked to perfection. Burford is a great place and Cotland House is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The Winslet room was quiet with a great roll top bath
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is our second stay at cotland house, we have chosen to stay there when we go to the fairford airshow (a brilliant day out!)

It is hard to heap enough praise on the experience,
Shelley and her husband are wonderful hosts, not intrusive but extremely friendly and helpful, nothing seems too much bother for them.
we stayed in the same room, the top one with the roll top bath, everything is clean, crisp and white.
the bath was a godsend after we spent a day in the rain on the friday!

There are bottles of water in the room, bikky's, tea and coffee and plenty of reading material if you can keep your eyes open once your head hits the pillows.

some people have mentioned the noise, the house is on a main road but the noise was absolutely no problem for us, if you're worried, just take some earplugs, then you've covered your bases, but in no way let those comments stop you visiting or you will be missing out on the best breakfast i've every had (aside from my own of course!)

saturday morning i had museli, fresh fruit and yogurt, followed by poached eggs on toast, then on the sunday, i had a big bowl of fresh fruit with yoghurt and honey followed by a full english which had a beautiful tasting sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and grilled tomatos with toast and jams...... ummmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it again!!

the indian in town, which is walkable, about 10 mins or so, was fantastic and we have eaten in the pub a few doors down which is also fab.

so, what are you waiting for, pay a visit, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple