“Brief visit”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burford
wales/great britain
“Brief visit”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hello, last weekend I stayed at The Bull at Burford from Friday to Sunday as I was attending a wedding in the area, I was warmly welcomed on the Friday afternoon with roaring fires in the reception area and radiators pumping out the heat in my room, which was most welcome as it was pelting down with snow.

As the person on reception realised I might be back a little later than the lobby was manned she gave me a key and explained how to get back in to the hotel. The room was lovely, very clean and well appointed, it was equipped with almost everything I needed for my stay.

On the Saturday morning I recieved two calls, one asking if I would be requiring breakfast as breakfast time was almost over, and the second asking what time I was going out that day, did I want my room refreshed or any other needs... I was very pleased, this was extremely courteous.
One of the staff brought me some additional biscuits for me tea tray and also went out of his way to bring me the lunch menu in order that I might preview it before my lunch.

Lunch was very nice, with a choice of sitting in the lobby/reception area near the roaring fire, or in the bar. I had a very nice sirloin steak and a glass of excellent Pinot Grigio. The staff were very attentive at all times.

The next morning I managed to come to breakfsat which was taken in the dining-room, my table was laid ready for me and I had a delicious full english breakfast with cereal to begin, the breakfast had been included in the cost of my room and I was pleased at its quality.

All in all my stay could not be faulted very nice rooms, a lovely location, cheerful, helpful staff and quality food and wine. What more could I want?

Room Tip: I only stayed in the 'single' room as the Bull was at capacity when I booked due to the wedd...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
england
Reviewed January 14, 2013

we stayed in this lovely hotel over new year - taking advantage of their package we visit Burford often but have never stayed there We were in the Trafalgar room which is huge & so full of character with sloping floors & low ceilings _ ok for me at 5ft2 but fun for mt 6ft2 husband ! He only banged his head once though
All staff were very friendly & knowledgeable The food was excellent throughout the stay
The guest lounge on the upper floor was so cosy - just like being at home the log fire in reception was very welcoming & nice to sit next to while having coffee
at night Burford takes on a different personality, even on new years eveit was fairly quiet
on New years night we walked around the village with the stars & the lovely smell of wood smoke to keep us company - delightful we had a thoroughly pleasant experience & would certainly recommend The Bull My only niggle is the parking which is very limited & very awkward but there is a near by free carpark & on street parking outside at night

Room Tip: rooms at the front can be noisy as Burford High Street is very busy
Canberra
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We only dined in the restaurant but it was a thoroughly pleasant experience and just perfect for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent - pork for starters and lamb for main with slight changes to the menu as described to accommodate some peculiar dietary requirements. All washed down with a very nice French red. The cheese board was generous and the cheeses well chosen. The service was just right - helpful whilst not overbearing. Several nice little touches like olives and an amuse bouche and a box of walnuts, with nut crackers to accompany the cheese board. If there was one thing to pick on it would be that the lighting was a shade too bright for a romantic interlude but for those of us with fading vision it was nice to see what we were eating.

• Stayed January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in early January. Excellent breakfasts! Very nice rooms. Great location and friendly staff. Would highly recommend this hotel. It is right in the middle of Burford high street and an easy commute to other Cotswold villages.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We enjoyed a bed and breakfast package which allowed us to sample great food and enjoy a romantic suite right in the heart of Burford. We would recommend this to anyone looking for good food and rooms in one of Britain's most beautiful villages.

London
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have been to Burford many times over the last few years, and now wouldn't stay anywhere apart from The Bull. The food is amazing... best food I have had in a pub restaurant setting. The DBB deal is excellent value for money. Burford High Street is pretty busy so ask for a room at the back of the hotel. It's not the cheapest place in town but my philosophy is that you get what you pay for. We last stayed at the beginning of the month, sharing a small double DBB for £125 for the night. For that, we had a yummy three course meal, a night in the best room in the hotel (I won't tell you which one it is as we may never be able to book it again), and then a great breakfast the next day. The sticky muesli is to die for... we will be back again!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are a bit noisy... go for the back if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having eaten at the Bull before with my partner, I organised our works Christmas meal at the Bull confident in the quality of the food and service. We were not disappointed! The service was impeccable and the food stunning! We also stayed over and found the rooms to be perfectly comfortable with a great breakfast the following morning. Would strongly recommend for any occasion!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burford
The Lamb Inn
The Bay Tree Hotel
The Bay Tree Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burford
Travelodge Burford Cotswolds

Been to The Bull at Burford? Share your experiences!