“Very good - as long as it's not busy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Maison Blanc
Ranked #30 of 36 Restaurants in Burford
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Opened in 2009, we are located half way down Burford High Street. We have plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and a wonderfully cheerful team who look forward to serving you with a seasonal menu, handmade patisserie and freshly baked pastries in store each day. Baby change facility available. Licensed.
Partridge Green, United Kingdom
“Very good - as long as it's not busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Brie and bacon saucisson baguette is the best I have ever tasted - must be the bit of Dijon mustard in it. I am not a great fan of salad, but the dressing on the salad that came with it was delicious. Unfortunately like all places in the Cotswolds, it is rather expensive. At least this time (the second time I have been), the service was relatively quick. The first time I visited, the baguette took so long to come that I had finished a large cup of very hot coffee, and to be quite honest, felt like walking out. It was just about worth the wait, but they do need to speed up on service at busy times

Visited October 2012

Caddington
“An excellent lunch or coffee stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This delightful "French style" patisserie/cafe is a great place to pause during a visit to the delightful Cotswolds town of Burford.Part of Raymond Blanc's empire, it obviously presents its well and the selection of breads, cakes and pastries are straight out of his pastry chefs repertoire. The choices cover all the expected range of light meals and our choice of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the minestrone "soup of the day" were well cooked and presented. Washed down with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc, and followed with a few dainty pastries, we were well fortified for our continued exploration of Burford.

• Visited October 2012
Henley
“Top baguette!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Regularly visit the Henley shop for coffee and freshly baked bread and recently tried the Burford store while visiting a friend for lunch. Had one of the new baguettes...best BLT I've had in ages! Friendly staff and good coffee, as I always expect from the Henley Maison Blanc.

• Visited September 2012
Somerset
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stopped of for lunch having been there for a pleasant lunch last year. The premises seemed grubby and poorly maintained, tatty window frames, dirty scuffed floor and bottom of counter and the banquette seating under the windows were badly stained. Service was friendly but disorganised , much of the food was brought our by the chef but 3 tables (including ours) had to wait whilst they scratched around to find cutlery. Food was OK although the giant cous cous was a mistake - it sat like a mountain of tapioca in the middle of my salad and without dressing on it I found it very odd. Won't be returning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Yorkshire
“A very nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

On the recommendation of my sister, a group of us stopped here for lunch and I wasn't disappointed. I had the lemon chicken sandwich on brown with mandarin lemonade. Only one of our group was disappointed with her ham and cheese sandwich which seemed more like something you would by in a supermarket. The atmosphere was relaxed with Frank Sinatra playing in the background and the service was quick. I found the pastries a little on the expensive side, my friend bought some cupcakes and they weren't exceptional. On the whole though, well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2012