“Very cosy comfortable luxury Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Burford
Birmingham
“Very cosy comfortable luxury Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed Feb 2013

The Inn is very traditional with open fires and flagstone floors so ideal if that is what you are looking for . We were treating ourselves to a romantic night away and The Lamb in provided lovely accommodation . Our room was large ( we had auricula ) and very quiet - the bathroom in my view was under used as it was so large it is crying our for a roll top bath.
Importantly the bed was very large and very comfortable and the finishing touches of fresh mik and flapjacks in the room was appreciated.
The bar and restaurant did not disappoint and the restaurant food was stunning - we would definately go again .

Room Tip: Auricula is large and quiet being on one of two rooms in that section of the Inn - i think that thi...
1 Thank cjgBirmingham
Bill R, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Auricula is an often requested room and I am pleased it has another fan! That said, I would relish the opportunity to have you stay in other bedrooms. Each is decorated individually and as Sheep Street is quiet, all of our rooms offer a peaceful sleep. I will look forward to your returning visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We found the Lamb by accident, while wandering round Burford looking for somewhere to have a nice snack lunch on a cold miserable February day (we had been touring the Cotswolds in our motorhome and were on our way home). From the moment we entered the warmth of the fire, the cosiness and the service we got could not be faulted. I had the Seafood deli platter while my partner had the Meat platter. The variety and the quantity of the food was exellent. We found it good value for money. We will certainly come here again on our travels.

Bill R, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your impromptu visit to the Lamb Inn. I am very pleased that you have noted the value in your meal as this is something we keep a regular eye on. I hope your first visit will not be your last!
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at this old coaching inn for 2 nights in October 2013.A warm welcome to our bedroom overlooking Sheep Street with excellent facilites considering the age of the property.

Dinner was taken on both nights in the a la carte restaurant. the menu was varied and the quality of the food served was excellent with a good choice of wines.Service standards were very good and a excellent breakfast cooked to order.

A small cosy and comfortable residents lounge with log fires.

The hotel is part of a small group - Cotswold Inns & Hotels. They have given the Lamb Inn upgades in keeping with it's traditional heritage.

The hotel is well situated just of the main road in Burford - within 5 minutes walk from shops, tea rooms etc.

A positive recommendation for this lovely old coaching Inn - you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill R, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It is very nice to read genuine appreciation of the Lamb Inn which as a building stands at over 600 years old. We have a similar respect and enjoyment of the property. I look forward to receiving you again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I spent a night at the Lamb Inn last Christmas as a treat to ourselves. The service here was great, the staff especially the manager, were very attentive and welcoming. The food and wine was fabulous not cheap but well worth the money. Our room was very comfy and clean and furnished in a style sympathetic to a property of this age. I really liked the little touches like the Molton Brown toiletries and the hand made petite fours with our coffee after dinner served by the roaring fire. The breakfast was similarly tasty with everything you would expect and more.We really enjoyed our stay and would happily recommend to friends.

Room Tip: only disadvantge of our room was that it was rather too close to the toilets used by those visitng t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and personal praise. The waiting team are very pleased to hear of your service appreciation and our Chefs very happy that you enjoyed their cooking. Being two months since your visit I cannot put a face to name but please let me know when you next come and stay as it will be a pleasure to personally welcome you back.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I called in on our way from Salisbury for lunch today. Although the service was attentive, the drinks were costly at £5 for a small glass of wine and the main course very costly at £14 for a very small piece of fish, (hake) about two inches square with flavourings + chips being extra at £6. At least the tomato ketchup was free. What a rip off.
For the sweet course, we both chose chocolate tart with ice cream at £6 a plate. This was the most awful sweet I have tasted and nothing like its description, being a thick, fudgy, glue-like substance, which managed to remove one of my fillings in my teeth ! ..
Whilst paying my bill, I mentioned this to the counter attendant but received minimal response or explanation whatsoever, he being too keen to take my card payment.
Needless to say we shall not be stopping off at this hostelry any time soon.

3 Thank Roger B
Bill R, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am genuinely surprised to receive your review and have investigated your visit fully with the hotel’s Deputy General Manager, David who took care of you.

Firstly, I must point out that we have an array of nearly twenty wines available by the glass. These range from £4.75 to £7.50 for a 175ml glass. This is clearly stated on our bar tariff and menus.

David has explained that despite there being pork belly and four fish main course options available in the bar you were adamant that you must have the pork belly and hake dish from our restaurant menu ie. mixing the bar menu with our two rosette fine dining restaurant menu. Our portion size in the restaurant is smaller than the bar as you would expect. Having insisted upon a main course from this menu in the bar and then a bar dessert, David has adapted to your request and charged the two course price of £20. You and your wife both refused the offer of coffee which was included nor did you mention the “glue” issue.

Regarding your chocolate tart, again, I am surprised. This is a simple dish which is our best selling dessert and one which when last removed from the menu was quickly reinstated by demand. I do not see how the loss of your filling has any relevance to this dish and in fact I hope you have publically berated your dentist in a similar fashion as you have done to the Lamb Inn.
Codsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a lovely old Inn in the Cotswolds. The service as soon as you get there is great and the atmosphere wonderful. The food menu is well thought out, choosing local ingredients, and well executed. The little town of Burford is quaint too. I wish we could stay here more often!

Room Tip: Pick the Malt room, as it has a large bedroom, bathroom and a lovely bay window.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We appreciate your praise. Our Chef, Sean has led our kitchen for nine years with consistency and imagination. We are proud of a Chef which understands the Lamb Inn and the guests who frequent our hotel. This is evident in the two rosettes he has held for the entirety of his tenure. Thank you.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at the Lamb Inn twice. 10 years ago we booked 3 rooms with two teenagers and my parents. We arrived in June, hot and tired from our flight from south florida. we soon realized that this was a place we could relax and unwind. Sitting out in the Garden, having drinks and lunch was delightful. We stayed three days and used Burford as our base for adventures around the Cotswolds.

Last October my husband had a scheduled trip to London, we decided to take a side trip to the Lamb Inn. Once again, we were not disappointed. I love the quaintness of this Inn. The owners are so nice and accommodating. Breakfast was/is included in our room price. We returned each day and had a drink at the bar. There is a tea in your room as well. You can take dinner there or eat at another restaurant in the cute town of Burford. We love the Lamb Inn and would not hestitate to recommend it. Beware....there are a few Lamb Inns in this area, make sure you are booking the correct Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your return to the Lamb. I am very pleased that after ten years on things are as pleasing as they have always been. The hotel has a huge reputation and history which we are all very proud to be a part of. I hope we will see you sometime again…in less than ten years.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burford
The Bay Tree Hotel
Cotswold Gateway Hotel
Cotswold Gateway Hotel
#5 of 8 in Burford
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!