Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Love this place

Katy C
via mobile
Excellent day out! Beautiful park

Easy to get to nowadays with satnav but there were plenty road signs too. Parking was straight... read more

mverschaeve
Huddersfield, United Kingdom

3,267 results
All reviews train ride all ages animal enclosures walled garden plenty of space adventure playground reptile house animals seem great family day baby rhino small train play area large enclosures gift shop whole family tropical house giant tortoises
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have been coming here for years now and I absolutely love it. Really good value for money and really great to kill a few hours. The restaurant was really busy when we went so service was a little slow but the staff serving us apologised for the delay, thanked us for our patience and then worked quickly to serve us our food. Food was of a really high standard. I love the petting zoo, and the Monkeys. So much to see and do. All animals seemed to be really well looked after too. Will defintely be back again soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy to get to nowadays with satnav but there were plenty road signs too.
Parking was straight forward too (and you don't have to 'pay extra')
Tickets were not cheap, but I guess you get what you pay.
Signs in the park were good and there were enough plans/maps etc.
The animal enclosures look like they were all in a good state and the animals looked cared for.
We went on a Friday during half term and it certainly wasn't that busy.
We had a hot drink but none of the food provided onsite. There's only so much one can spend...
All in all I think we all had a good day! Worth a visit!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Came to visit for 1st time as my wife had been given as a present a Fruit Bat adoption & ticket for the Park. Found it much better than expected with wide range of Animals & lovely gardens. Believe the gardens would be even better in the summer as our visit was after the 1st frosts since the summer which had killed some plants. All in all, very good value for money.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Went here with my granddaughters on Friday had a fantastic day out lots to see and easy access for my husbands buggy plenty of animals to see lovely little train which at a £1 each seemed reasonable and it was a nice way to see the park. One thing that was disappointing was quite a few of the enclosures was closed few maintenance which I know as to be done also it's quite expensive to get in no concessions for disabled visitors or careers but on the whole most an enjoyable day

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Growing up in Oxford this was one of my favourite places to visit. 20 years later I returned with friends and it was just as I remembered, great space, loads of animals, friendly staff and my capybara friends were still there waiting for me. A great day out for animal lovers of all ages. I won't be leaving it another 20 years before I come back!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely zoo, perfect for younger children. Very well maintained and lots to see. The only issue is the cafe with long queues and not enough seating.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited for a family members birthday. We enjoy going here as it’s something for all and we can take the dogs.

Animals seem to be well cared for which is nice. Some enclosures look a little small and like they could do with a refurb, i.e. the lions. For such a big wildlife park they could have a little more room and things to do, I think they have the same things in their enclosure they had when I would visit as a toddler.

We ate in the restaurant and didn’t find it too unreasonable which is refreshing for an attraction. When you buy a sandwich you get a free bag of chips which were hot. We also had a latte which was average.

We were a little shocked visiting Halloween weekend there wasn’t a lot on. We thought there would be more like face painting, stuff for kids and more decorations.

If you prebook tickets you can get them for £14 online compared to the £16 on the door.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wide open spaces. Flat pathways between attractions. Lovelly well kept gardens. Interesting wild animal enclosures. A great children's adventure playground. Good cafe with both sandwiches and hot meals. Take a ride around the park on a small railway.
A great day out, plenty of picnic benches etc..

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A great day out , a visit with my partner provided a memorable experience , as we are both naturists and twitchers we took our cameras along for our photographic journal.
The seasons had changed , the giraffes were stood erect and proud, there was a nip in the air , the macaws were growing there winter plumage , the lemurs came over to say hello, but we found it difficult to engage with the rhino.
We both left feeling like Jonny Morris.

1  Thank luftkissen
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely walk around. There was so much to see and everything was clean and well kept. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable.