“Could do better”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Could do better”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Been here twice and love Greek food. Service was keen and drinks starters arrived quickly. We waited an hour for our main course which was cold when it arrived and had to be sent back. Excellent salad & dips but mains not really up to scratch, moussaka under seasoned & souvlaki was poor, very small pieces of meat. Bill was reasonable but we won't eat here again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Well satisfied”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I went on a Groupon offer on a Thursday evening and were expecting the mezze meal. The restaurant was very clean, warm welcome, very good service, excellent variety of food, and we were well satisfied. The only minor niggle was £3.80 for a SMALL bottle of beer and there were only three other couples there, so a bit lacking in atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
West Bridgford, England, United Kingdom
“Don't buy a takeout from here!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went for a takeout after viewing the menu online. Website said 'open from 5pm until late'.. I got there at 9.40pm & there were a couple of women dancing on a dance floor & several others just leaving. Two young men were serving at the bar so I asked for a take away menu. One man turned to the other & said something in Greek & the other man replied in Greek. "Sorry, the kitchen is closed" was my reply! "Closed, its a bit early, isn't it?" I got a blank look as a reply so I promptly walked out. My advice.......don't bother here!

Sowerby Bridge
“Good entertainment”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were staying in Nottingham for the weekend and had a Groupon deal for this restaurant. The deal was for a mezze for 2 and we got dips and pitta bread, meatballs, Greek salad, haloumi cheese and dolmades to start, followed by chicken kebab, beef stiffado and a chicken dish all served with rice and potatoes. The portions were massive and we could not eat everything but it was all very good and we enjoyed it very much. An added bonus was a Greek belly dancer who seemed very good to our eyes. All in all a very good night.

Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Quiet night out”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to Pappa's on a Groupon voucher with my girlfriend. This was my first visit and the girlfriends first in over 20 years.

On approach the restaurant looked impressive. It had a clean modern outdoor area leading into a large well decorated interior. We were immediately served at the bar and prices were reasonable. The waiter took our drinks to the table, though to be fair he had plenty of time to kill as we were the only customers. When we left over an hour later we were still the only customers. Makes it difficult to comment on atmosphere.

We had bought a 9 mezes deal. Didn't see a menu so couldn't say what prices were like. The first round was the cold starters and was lovely. My girlfriend said the salad was salty but I didn't notice this. What there was was fresh, plentiful and nicely cooked.

The second round was the hot food. Again it was plentiful and couldn't fault it. I would have preferred a clean plate and cutlery from the first round.

We finished off with pastries. 2 bite size pastries each so no huge. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but have never had a nice Mediterranean sweet. Standard beige, chewy, greasy, semi sweet stuff.

We both visited the toilets and agreed they were ok but could have been cleaner. There were a few cobwebs and no toilet paper in either. The male toilet roll holder was on the floor in water.

I tried to get in the previous Saturday when there was entertainment on but the place was fully booked. Hopefully they do well during the rest of the week. Room to improve but what we had was good and service was friendly.