“Staff meal out”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Nottingham
“Staff meal out”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After a very busy day at work my team decided we needed a curry. Once again Simla came up trumps. No it does not have crisp white tablecloths, no it does not have piped elevator music, no it does not have stuffy and stiff surroundings.
What it does have is good honest food served with a genuine smile.
People need to lighten up with reviews on restaurants and give the business a chance to deal with any issues at the time.
I have never had or seen an issue here and we are regulars.
Keep up the good work Inti and team.

“Dissapointing”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Being going here for years, foods always lovely but had a great dissapointment recently - the portions have always been ample - but our latest takeaway was so disappointing - 4 main dishes, one of these was so stingy - 3 peices of chicken in the whole dish! Sorry chaps as good as it is, its just not good value anymore!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jonathan123456789
Nottingham
“Amazing Food Every Time”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fantastic food, excellent service. Also offers a takeaway service, with a comfortable and smart waiting area. Lovely seating area on the ground floor with further tables upstairs which don't have the same ambience.

• Visited November 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A disappointing first [and last!] visit. FOOD HYGIENE RATING 2”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Managers and owners heed these words well: first impressions may seal your fate!

When my husband and I visited Simla last night we were responding to a recommendation from a friend. We are huge fans of Indian food and we were starving!

Within 5 minutes of arriving I wanted to leave. Our menus were both smeared with food, mine so much so that I had to unstick the pages to turn them.

I am a dignified lady who avoids confrontation so rather than suffer the humiliation of having to leave I found wet wipes in my handbag and we did our best to clean our hands before eating the puppadums. Suffice it to say that my mood lowered with every mouthful, and I found myself wondering what else might be dirty!

The food was plentiful but very fat-heavy. I know that indian food is traditionally considered to be unhealthy but with careful selection it is usually possible to steer a less calorific route through the menu. Sadly, not so at Simla.

It's hard to enjoy a meal when your first impression is that hygiene standards are not high priority. I looked for a hygiene rating on the door on the way out, but there is nothing.

I am not surprised to find that Simla's rating is 2 which advises improvement necessary. No wonder it's not on the door!

Good tasting food is NOT the only criterion on which consumers judge a restaurant, and if basic cleanliness in the eating area is poor then is it any wonder that the food actually leaves a poor taste in our mouths?

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Bumblestraw
“Always lovely food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars both at the Simla and for take away and always gauge other indian restaurants by their standards as they are so high. Having tried others over the years we haven't yet found a meal to beat it.....The food is beautifully fresh and plentiful the sauces full of taste. Inti and his team are welcoming and attentive, nothing is too much trouble, the restaurant is noisy but full of atmosphere and always busy. Definitely our favourite Indian and couldn't recommend it more highly.

Visited September 2013