“Absolutely love it”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely love it”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I eat here often and absolutely love the choice of curries on the menu. Having eaten I'm many Indian restaurants including several on the famous curry street Brick Lane in London I would come back to Chutney's every time. The staff are extremely friendly and do anything to make your visit special. The food is amazing and the staff will do their best to tailor it to individual taste if requested. Will continue to visit often.

• Visited February 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Chutney”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

myself partner & friends of ours went to chutney and being honest it was awful.
i didn't enjoy the experience the waiter was rude and abrupt.
when i went to order some food i was told that's not on the menu as they don't do it.
we was ignored and had to wave the waiter over so we could order more drinks. need i go on.

• Visited January 2014
Nottingham
“No return visit planned!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I purchased a groupon for a meal with my partner for part of his birthday night out in Nottingham.

I have often passed by Chutney and admired how nice it looked from outside.

As you walk through the door you are met with a sea of tables!..they have definitely crammed in as many tables as possible...there is no reception desk other than the bar at the other end of the restaurant.which means you are expected to wind between the tables to get the bar to say you have arrived!

Our waiter made us feel rushed as he was clearly under pressure!

Service was extremely slow!..food was average!..no return visit planned...

Visited February 2014
“Excellent food, great value for money,”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and visited Chutneys last night on our first Groupon experience, and we're not sure what to expect in terms of quality and quantity. Rest assured both were fantastic, the food was delicious, the place was warm and clean and the staff friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed a lovely meal and look forward to our next visit.

Visited February 2014
UK
“Fabulous. A return visit is already planned”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went here in a group of 4 using groupon voucher deal which offered a good value deal though sometimes I am sceptical of such offers. I had no need to be. All inclusive meal at £10 a head (poppadoms starter main rice or naan and a drink) and virtually a free choice from menu, though excluding king prawns, looked promising to say the least. Terms stated I had to book by email in advance to qualify but I got the impression that would not have been an issue.

We were greeted with a smile and certainly the staff were very helpful and friendly. No dour looks you get in some places when you produce your voucher! The youngish guy serving us explained the menu options clearly and also was able to make a couple of adjustments to the dishes. One thing that impressed me was the fact the pickles tray was refreshed and left at the table throughout the meal.

The food was almost in the wow factor category. Starters were sublime. We tried four dishes and all were full of flavour, fresh and served on a metal sizzle pan. The main dishes were also lovely and a move away from the typical menus with some interesting combinations. All in all the food was excellent with or without a voucher deal.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for sevice value and quality.

Regarding groupon deal our meal worked out at half the menu price but I don't think this is on offer currently. There are others available if you look on restaurant website though . Restaurants like this are savvy enough to know how to build a customer base and deserve support.

• Visited February 2014