“This place is lovely”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I eat in the Monkey Tree about once a month, the service is great and the food is good. Its inexpensive (£25 per person for 2 courses, this includes wine) and can be cheap (£15 for 3 courses, excluding wine) if you stick to the set menu.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great atmosphere, very sophisticated place in West Bridgford. There were fireworks outside at midnight to top off the evening. Really swanky place, ideal for pre drinks before heading into Nottingham or for a relaxed evening on a comfy couch with fine wine

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went with my sister and a friend. Out of the 3 mains we ordered, all were far too salty for any of us. There was not much variety in the menu - the only vegetarian starter was risotto, and then the only vegetarian main was risotto.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were staying in a hotel near to West Bridgford and were hungry on a Friday night and came across The Monkey Tree! The waitresses were all very friendly! I am a vegetarian and I had the wild mushroom tartlet which was absolutely delicious, I could not fault it in anyway! My parents had 2 courses for 9.95 off the set menu and they were very impressed with their meals, especially the fish and chips which were just the right size and presented very well. Overall a very enjoyable experience, lovely atmosphere, quick service and we would definitely return again!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I first started visting The Monkey Tree with an ante-natal group of friends when we were pregnant. Food could be great sometimes e.g. Jacket Pots and sandwiches but really poor quality at others e.g. "specials" thrown together with poor quality or "cheats" ingredients. However, it was handy and we continued to meet there as it was always quiet during the day. However, once a couple of us started bringing the new arrivals with us (there is plenty of space for buggies and it is always quiet during the day in the week) we went back one week to find a hand written notice pinned to the door "No more than two buggies or prams due to Health and Safety". The staff couldn't shed any light and with terrible hospitality and complete lack of business sense they said we couldn't bring five prams into the empty restaurant and so our regular group of 10 left and I have never been back.