“A penthouse Dream”
Review of 16 Pilchergate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham
16 Pilchergate
Næstved
“A penthouse Dream”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed two adults and two kids in the penthouse for three Nights. The pictures are to believe; it is a fantastic penthouse. And Peter and Val were most helpfull as we were let down by another hotel. We Will certainly return next time in Nottingham. Henrik og Benedikte, Denmark

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Benedikte N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We recently stayed at 16 Pilcher Gate and was very impressed with the size of our 2 bedroom apartment. It was very spacious and comfortable and each bedroom had private ensuite and television. The beds were comfortable and was so happy to have big, beautiful, fluffy bath sheets after a warm bath. Definitely will book again when we come back to Nottingham. Thank you Peter for collecting us at the train station and thank you to Val for your help.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julia K
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here for five months, initially in one of the self-contained apartments then, after a few months, in one of the two bedroom flats.

The self-contained apartments are pretty good. They vary a little in size with the larger ones contain a "breakfast bar" to eat at, but the smaller ones are still rather large. The beds are big, clean and comfortable. The rooms have well equipped en-suite bathrooms and are cleaned daily. Each self-contained apartment contains a Flat Screen TV, DVD player, kettle, microwave, fridge and a food steamer, which is almost enough to fully self cater.

The two bedroom flat contained two bedrooms of the same size as the one bed apartments, a lounge/dining room (with LCD TV + DVD Player) and a very small kitchen. The Kitchen has a full cooker as well as all the other bits and bobs and a freezer. The bedrooms have CRT TVs with VHS Players(!) and en-suite bathrooms. Obviously the bedrooms used to be self-contained apartments as they have the fixtures, which is a bit odd.

There are basic laundry facilities on site, which is very useful and the Housekeeper, Val is very very helpful!

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, but I should note that my company was picking up the bill so I can't comment on value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Val, Val, Val, Val, Val.

It is all about Val, she is efficient, friendly, helpful, loves her job and takes everything as a personal responsibility.

I've stayed twice so far and would go back whenever I need to be in Nottingham.

I've only used the Penthouse, but did see a studio room. The Penthouse is excellent, spacious, warm, comfortable and very good value at 200GBP a night. The second bedroom is a bit small, but forgivable.

I can recommend it whole heartily.

Room Tip: They are all seemingly very good. But the Penthouse is really a great alternative to a hotel suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike D
Llanelli
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Have in the past 10 years visited all major cities in Uk, except one, when it comes to shopping excluding London, 3 stands out above others, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham, of the three Nottingham is the easiest, because of its compactness, Leeds is good, but am forever getting lost.
I am not a shop-a-holic, I just love shopping, especially up market and quality shops, the 200 mile journey to Nottingham is a pleasure and worth it. A week is a must, 1st 3 days window shopping, the fourth on you start spending.

As this was a shopping holiday, type of accomodation and location is important, The service maintained appartment at 16 Pilcher Gate, The lace market, was just perfect, you are just 2 mts walk from Bridal Smith Gate, the Bond street of Nottingham, 3 mts from Marks & Spencer, 6 mts from John Lewis and 7 mts from The House of Fraser
16 Pilcher gate is not new to me, having stayed here several times to me it is like a second home. This time as I was travelling alone decided on a studio, a very spacious one, furniture with ample for storage like drawers and plenty of space for hanging,
There is no shortage of restaurants nearby of all nationalities, personaly they do not interest me.
I prefer to look after myself, preparing my own meals like:- Jersey Royals, Wiltshire mild sweet cured gammon, and runner beans.
I spent 10 days away from home, 1st 3 days was spent in Cheltenham Spa, I informed the resident manageress Val, that I would be leaving Cheltenham at 10.00hrs and should arrive Nottingham station at 12.05 and that I would take the tram to the Lace market and to expect me at 12.15 I arrived dead on time, as I entered Pilcher Gate, I noticed the door of no 16 was wide open, ready to greet me, one could not expect better.
I did arrive with a problem, my only credit card had been locked at Cheltenham, I mention this to Val, she said no problem, I'll sort it out for you, within 5 mts my problem was solved. she is a person that i would wish to have as a neighbour, to sort my problems when they arise, like:- mobile phone, television and laptop.
Next month I am off to Preston, i do not expect to be spoilt ther e.

Room Tip: Does not apply here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DHDLLANELLI
Long Bennington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stunning Penthouse suite with beautifully finished decor, very reasonably priced. Val was so very friendly and accommodating, we'll definitely book in again. The central location, specially priced parking arrangement and the ultimate - that the lift opens into the gorgeous open-plan living area - it can't be beaten.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pleaseurself
UK
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently stayed for a couple of nights at 16 Pilcher Gate and am really pleased to say that we left the booking too late to get a 2 bedroomed apartment at the Ice House nearby. I didnt know about these apartments and my better half found the website after a substantial search online.
We booked a standard 2 bedroomed apartment, which looked to be good enough for our needs...

Upon arrival we were greeted by Val, who is exceptionally friendly and helpful. She gave us a little background info to the apartments and mentioned that they also had a penthouse on the top floor. We enquired as to whether this was booked and decided to have a look since it was not....

WOW!!! Just simply WOW!!

Your key is needed in the lift, as this opens directly into the apartment which is HUGE! The living area is open plan and is well equipped to make the stay quite special. There is a stereo, but maybe an ipod docking station would be more useful. The photos speak for themselves....
In regards to the bedrooms - the master bedroom was very big and included an ensuite. If you can't sleep well with noise then I will point out the only downside to the apartment is the noise. In our bedroom (the master), there seemed to be a continuous noise/vibration coming from below (near the door). This sounded like a washing machine in a flat below on a continuos spin cycle. We hadnt noticed it during the day, and only 1 of us noticed it at night - but this wasn't a problem for us. The other couple remarked that outside must be the cleanest street in Nottingham, as there seemed to be an endless stream of street cleaners and bin lorries in the early hours of the morning!! I think this is pretty standard for a city centre location, and again the standard of the apartment itself more than made up for any noise.
The other bedroom has an ensuite shower - which could do with a revamp to really make use of the space in there.

Don't be put off by the negatives in this review, I've just tried to be honest with the details. It really is a breathtaking apartment, and well worth the upgrade to make your stay that bit more special.

Thanks for the hospitality Val :-)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple