“Lovely food and service”
Review of Dolce

Dolce
Ranked #411 of 1,537 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had not been to the restaurant for a while.The server when we arrived was really accommodating and found us a table very quickly and with a lovely smile.The food was very good and piping hot.The service was also very good and with lovely smiles.Really enjoyed and would go again and recommend.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

I have dined out on several occasions with colleagues and had two hours to kill yesterday, 2nd of September.

Could not see a staff member so picked up a menu and sat down. The server came and I started to ask for the glute could not see a staff member so picked up a menu and sat down. The server came and I asked for the special with gluten-free pasta. I was interrupted to be told that the gluten-free pasta is not part of the deal.

Obvoiusly I was not happy, the server gave an embarrassed chuckle.

I left.

I’m posting this so other people know it’s not on the deal

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

We went to the Cinema opposite & stopped in after as we were feeling hungry. We wanted to sit outside as it was a lovely sunny afternoon, a table was cleared & cleaned from the last people sat quickly. We were greeted with a smile. We had a garlic butter pizza bread to share to start & a pasta dish each. We both very much enjoyed the meal & a rather lovely glass of wine.

My girlfriend is vegetarian & there was plenty of choice for her. The staff are happy to accommodate your personal tastes too.

The only downside was the man who had the chair leg pepper grinder. We both said no thank you to parmesan cheese on our pasta & he didn’t understand us because he tried to give both of us some twice, we just laughed it off & carried on with our meal

So if you are in Nottingham & looking for a friendly place, that is good value for money. You have found the right place. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Went in on a Friday night for the pasta and wine deal advertised on the board outside. Were seated and ordered food before being told that the deal didn't apply on Fridays (no mention of this on the board outside). Stayed anyway out of sheer hunger.

Food was poor. Pasta was overcooked mush and the chef somehow managed to mix a dressing-soaked paper napkin into the salad. Staggeringly bad dining experience... no wonder it was half empty on a Friday night.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

My wife and I have visited for lunch many times and have dined in the evening too.
The food has always been very tasty, fresh and hot.
Only complaint is that they always seem to be playing the same Norah Jones CD every visit!
Would definitely go back, have already recommended to several people who have enjoyed the experience, and will continue to recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019