Review Highlights
Birthday Treat

Visited twice in May once as a birthday treat and second time treating a friend from Belgium... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Dave S
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Love it!

Called in for drinks on recommendation of a friend. Food being served to adjoining tables looked... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
jolW466LX
Farndon, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nottingham
from $6.48
More Info
from $12.95
More Info
All reviews great cocktails dance floor table service fairy lights drinking cocktails parma violet excellent food and service during happy hour nice vibe student discount saturday night a great evening cake nottingham city centre menu toblerone dragon
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

In this modern, transgender, genderfluid age, who discriminates against a group? 8 sober guys ranging from 25-50 couldn't get in because there weren't enough women. Wow.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Ollie B
cocotangcafe, Manager at Coco Tang Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

hello Ollie,
unfortunately yes, a group of 8 men attending a high quality club, that doesn't get trouble, in the UK, in 2019, on a busy night, will struggle to gain entry. This is standard throughout our industry at the top of the market.

- Of course i understand your frustration, and i am sorry, its not going to be pleasant to be denied a product you wish to consume at any time of day or night -unfortunately for us, our product involves alcohol -and that means we must manage the risks associated with trading large volumes of people and alcohol in the same space.

I understand you say your group was sober, but we have done this trade a very long time and sustained a strong product with a great reputation. This is not a coincidence. If as you put it, in this day and age, we should ignore gender and allow as many men in as choose to attend, then we will no longer be able to offer a trouble free environment, (or the proportion of trouble will increase). I hope you understand this screening process is necessary to keep our venue safe, large groups of men behave differently when together, & it is our policy not to risk the safety of our customers, despite at times they have or haven't consumed too much alcohol.

I can recommend that attending earlier in the evening, for example 9pm, is much easier to gain entry as the door does tighten up more so the later the evening gets -simply based on the trouble-curve associated with late licensed trading.
i do hope you read this and consider returning to give it another try now that you have heard from the venue's perspective.
Coco Tang

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

What a great place to start your night out. An underground basement bar and club with a tasty and original cocktail selection and a great vibe.

I also understand they do Vietnamese food but sadly haven’t had he opportunity to try this yet.

Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Visited here for afternoon cocktails with my daughter. Nice decor and ambience. Staff very friendly and the girl on the bar making the cocktails was very, very good.
Good choice of cocktails and at reasonable prices (we were too early for happy hour). Will definitely be coming back when next in Nottingham.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019

I love Coco Tang. It's my fave place to go. I love the relaxed atmosphere, cool interior styling and informal dining. Having lived in Leeds/Manchester/London, I sometimes feel a bit saddened by Nottingham city centre and want to see it thrive in the same way as the other cities I've lived in. However, finding little gems like Coco Tang is so exciting. Nottingham should be so proud of this gorg eatery. I've been with my husband and also with my girlfriends. I love how you can simply turn up and I've never had trouble getting a table. Staff are so so helpful and the fresh, simple, quality street style food is divine. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

The woman waiting tables was absolutely rude and very fond of eyerolling. When asked for a table for five she said “there is no room for you down there”, turned around and rolled her eyes! Completely disgusting behaviour towards first time customers!

Date of experience: February 2019