Review Highlights
Great cocktails (maybe a tad bit too sweet!)

I love the atmosphere of this place - they really put a lot of thought into the décor and crafting... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jobettoli
via mobile
Birthday Treat

Visited twice in May once as a birthday treat and second time treating a friend from Belgium... read more

Reviewed June 5, 2019
Dave S
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nottingham
from $6.37
from $19.11
from $12.74
More Info
All reviews great cocktails dance floor table service fairy lights drinking cocktails parma violet excellent food and service during happy hour nice vibe student discount saturday night a great evening cake nottingham city centre menu toblerone dragon
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

We were extremely pleased with the standard of cocktails for the price during happy hour.

Recommending the Regina George, Fight Club, Parma Violet and Blood Dragon. Was blown away by the experience when I tasted the ‘refresher’- tasted like the real thing!

Make sure you find the room with the pink fairy lights.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I absolutely love the aesthetic of this place!! I would definitely recommend making use of happy hour (8-10) as drinks are incredibly reasonable then and you’ll make the most of your money. There’s an adorable little sofa area tucked in a corner surrounded by fairy lights which is perfect for a date. However, I would highly recommend going early or at an off-peak time if you want to best experience as the bar got so crowded around 10pm on Saturday we decided to leave.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic staff.However,

I attended Coco Tang Nottingham during a night out on the 22nd December 2018 between 9pm and 11pm. Before leaving around 11pm I went to the female toilets and shortly after a male security guard (bouncer) entered the toilets and looked over the cubicle that I was in (I was using the toilet at the time). I also did not know it was a security guard until my sister mentioned it to me afterward, at first I thought it was a random male peeping over the cubicle (obviously would have been worse) , I still felt violated as it was a male security guard !

I understand that the security officer was searching for someone but there was no verbal communication and no one attempted to knock on the cubicle door before looking over the cubical.

I find the actions taken by the security officer to be very unprofessional and his actions made me feel distressed and violated.

I hope that after you receive my message you will investigate this matter and aim to prevent this from happening again. (Please take this message seriously)

Date of experience: December 2018
6  Thank Louiseloux
Reviewed November 23, 2018

Have been a few times now and have had a great evening each time.
Cocktails are made properly so are delicious and a little lethal! Decor is beautiful and although the music is loud enough to have a good dance to it is nice that you can sit and have a chat too. Chilling on the beds is a nice novelty. Behaviour is good, have never seen any trouble inside at all.
Highly recommend

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Me and four other friends (male) wanted to start our night at somewhere quieter like Coco Tang. We were denied entry because the bouncer said that inside there were too many men already. Took us a while to get to the place, and to be turned away for such an awful excuse was irritating. I have been with my girlfriend before and of course had no trouble getting in , so the reason of “too many men” was quite possibly true.

Date of experience: October 2018
6  Thank DavidJH_UK
Coco T, General Manager at Coco Tang Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi David,
I'm so sorry this has happened to you and disappointed you so much, and i do hope my below explanation helps you to see our position on this matter.
On certain nights and certainly later in the evening we do implement a door screening policy which keeps the male/female ratio of the crowd inside the venue better balanced. Decisions on the door are never personal and of course its not ideal for the business or the customer, but it is a normal nightclub practice in most major cities for a high quality late venue such as this. Nobody, including myself, would wish to be denied entry to a premises they chose to attend so of course i understand your frustration -but this is simply the only policy we've found to work if we wish to retain our trouble-free drinking environment.
We have operated a popular late night establishment with many regular customers for 10 years now, so i hope you understand our perspective. I also hope you're willing to give us another try. Our team work very hard to keep customers happy and its not our fault that large proportions of males who drink alcohol together will eventually end up causing trouble.
Can i advise in future that you may attending a little earlier in the evening when gaining entry is much less problematic
kind regards