“Wonderful setting”

Ranked #289 of 1,338 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run old style Public House/Restaurant, with a great atmosphere, serving good quality home-made food at good value for money. Food is served 7 days a week from 12 - 8pm (9pm Friday and Saturday). There is a large children's play area, good car parking, wheelchair access and disabled toilet. Dogs are welcome in our snug bar.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Previously visited and had afternoon tea which was very nice and even better that it was a sunny day so we could sit out in the lovely gardens. Visited last Friday making use of our recently bought Groupon voucher. The choice of food on the menue for all 3 courses was really good. I went for the Goats cheese starter and roasted belly pork main course. The best roast belly pork I have had, spot on. I even managed a dessert, lemon and raspberry brulee, yum yum. The staff were very pleasant and professional. Both the bar area and upstairs dining room were lovely settings.

2  Thank juliejem57

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I too took advantage of a Groupon offer & had lunch here on Saturday 2 March. The service was charming & we were delighted with the choice available. Have been elsewhere & been handed a very limited choice menu but that was not the case here. I had fishcake to start followed by steak and chocolate torte to finish. My fiance had egg benedict, lamb shank & the cheese board. We were both really pleased with our choices & the leisurely pace of service led to us being suprised to see that 2 hours had passed since we had arrived. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Celt32girl
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I originally purchased 4 Groupon vouchers for an evening meal with my family. Trying to get everyone together for an evening proved difficult due to kids, commitments and work. The staff at Woodborough were most understanding and suggested a Sunday lunch as opposed to an evening meal, which helped us to organise the event. We arrived at 12 and were immediately made to feel most welcome, with family arriving by 12.15 and we enjoyed a drink in the cosy bar. At 12.30 we were invited to our table where, over the following couple of hours, we enjoyed the most appetising 3 course meal. The service was excellent and the food superb. Nothing was too much trouble.
Will definitely return and recommend

2  Thank Mike W W
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A few years ago we had a coffee and a sandwich at Woodborough Hall and it was ok but nothing more. When we saw the Groupon deal we thought we'd give it a go. We went on 1st March. When we arrived my heart sank a little, the car park was full and there was a wedding party in. However, we were warmly greeted and asked if we minded having our aperitif at the table. We didn't,so we went upstairs to an inviting Georgian dining room. What followed was a very pleasant evening with really nice food and excellent service. Stefan was particularly helpful offering sound advice and making sure we had all we needed. I particularly enjoyed my starter of pigeon breast with crispy pancetta and a raspberry sauce. My partner's favourite was the bread and butter pudding with butterscotch sauce. My only criticism was the vegetables were slightly overcooked (but given how good everything else was I wouldn't mark them down for it). We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This old hall is a lovely venue. My visit with friends was just for morning coffee and cakes. Chef produced a plate of different cakes to go with our coffee. The surroundings inside were very old, but quaint, so if you just want to meet with friends for coffee, it makes a refreshing change from the usual coffee shops and garden centres. We chose not to sit outdoors due to the very cold weather, but on a sunny summers day, the outdoor seating would be lovely.