“Amazing food”

Ranked #23 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Our Nottingham bistrot was the first to open its doors in 1994 and is located on Milton Street, right in the heart of the city centre. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That’s why you’ll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went for the lunch deal, 2 courses for £10 and the food was so good! The only thing bad about it was that I wasent even full up after two courses! Mainly because they make the portions smaller on the lunch menu

Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and I'm so sorry you thought the portions were small on this occasion; please accept my sincere apologies. Our General Manager will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your comments in more detail. Thank you for bringing to our attention.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Food was average to say the least. We had olives to share, I had the fancy mushrooms on toast overpriced at £5! for the smallest piece of brioche bread. My boyfriend had the smoked mackerel pate which he said was great. Main for me was the veggie crumble thingy nothing special I have made better myself, my boyfriend had the pork which he enjoyed. The restaurant was nicely decorated but lacked any atmosphere, the staff were like robots and as soon as we sat down, I hadn't even taken my jacket off, they asked if we were ready to order. Overall I was not very impressed and wont be going back, for what you get I would say that its is overpriced and the whole evening felt very rushed.

Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are as interested in reading the critical ones as well as the good ones. I'm so sorry you were dissappointed with your dining experience and that you felt it was overpriced and rushed. Our Manager Paul will be in touch with you shortly so that we can get to the bottom of your visit and make sure we can make the necessary changes so that this doesn't become a regular event. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Best wishes

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked here for a pre-theatre meal and were very excited due its good reputation. First impressions: Elegant decor, tables squeezed in like sardines. While we were waiting for our starters one woman just about sat on our table as she chatted at the table next to us! The starters were very tasty indeed, but our mains were forgotten about so we had to wait 40 minutes before they arrived. When we enquired about them the waitress was very apologetic and gave us complementary drinks, which was a nice gesture. The vegetarian ravioli was good, the steak was big but full of gristle and fat. We didn't have time for desserts.

Overall, most of the food was very good, but we left feeling generally disappointed.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to read you were disappointed with your first visit; please accept my sincere apologies. Our Manager Paul will be in touch with you shortly as he would like to disucss your visit in more detail. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Best wishes

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Lovely place. Typical French atmosphere and decor, friendly helpful staff and excellent food... in the city centre and close to the Theatre Royal. Rewards for regular diners with a loyalty card and special events held on a regular basis. I'm surprised one reviewer felt hurried - I find the staff are attentive but unobtrusive. The menu is varied and there are some excellent wines. Having previously lived in France I felt as though I had stepped back to one of my old haunts!

Thank you for your lovely review; your comments will be greatly appreciated by Paul and the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had dinner with a colleague after a hectic day at work. The food was prepared and served very quickly. It was of quite a good standard. However, our waitress was very pushy and seemed intent on getting us out really quickly. In summary, ok food but we didn't exactly feel relaxed.

Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry your waitress made you feel rushed; please accept my apologies. Our General Manger Paul will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your visit in more detail. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.