“Great restaurant, fantastic food .......... We will be back”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #26 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Our Nottingham bistrot was the first to open its doors in 1994 and is located on Milton Street, right in the heart of the city centre. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, fantastic food .......... We will be back”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant, lovely food, always specials available, great for business dinners as well as personal intimate dinners with loved ones. Really nice atmosphere, excellent selection of wines, top notch from start to finish. Definitely worth a try.
I used this restaurant for my first wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint. Highly recommended, and I have very high standards being from a long line of chefs.

Nottingham, England
“Everything just average”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is our third visit in the past few months to this restaurant - and its really just an average place. The waitress was friendly, but we were seated in a table flush up to the bar. This wouldn't be a problem, but someone had left an "Iceland" carrier bag on the bar, and there were various folders scattered around - it just didn't create a good impression. We jokingly asked the waitress about the bag and she said it contained a cake - but there was no effort to move it. OK - its not the end of the world sitting next to an "Iceland" carrier bag on a bar, but it certainly doesn't create a fantastic impression. The food itself was OKish - nothing special, just average - we've certainly had better meals for the price. I can't really understand why the place is so popular - perhaps its the location? We probably won't be rushing back there.

• Visited January 2013
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Many thanks for your honest and frank review, we are as interested in reading the critical ones as much as the good ones. Our General Manager will be in touch with you shortly so that we can get to the bottom of your visit and make sure we can make the necessary changes so that this doesn't become a regular event. Thank you for bringing to our attention.
London, United Kingdom
“I love having lunches there”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been there like 5 times already, the food is always great, service great, food came really fast I thought. We always wait in the queue but we don't mind, it's usually quick. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I want to give four stars - but......”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The is the 2nd time I've been here in 18 months (& we also ate here a few years earlier). On the previous occasion when five of us ate there it was perfect - service, food, ambiance etc. It seemed a little bit special.

The service is still very good. This time between three of us we had two courses which, to my palate (which I will admit is personal taste), were overcooked. The Salmon in the main course was grilled until it was extremely dry rather than still having a bit of give and moisture. The beetroot in the beetroot risotto starter was very nice but the rice was more like rice pudding rather than having that slightly firm 'al dente' texture you should expect in a risotto.

This time it just seemed a little bit more ordinary and following a formula, but if the food had not been as described above I would have given four stars.

• Visited January 2013
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you were disappointed on this occasion compared to your previous visit; please accept my apologies. Our General Manager will be in touch with you shortly. Best wishes
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“not as good”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just had lunch here today and I must say that the service was excellent, starters fine but oh dear the meat was poor. I chose the pork and although they brought me a steak knife I still couldn't eat it. The pork was pink, under cooked which is a No No and very tough. When asked if our meals were ok I did tell them that the pork was stringy and tough . My husband had beef which was fine.
We were offered our coffees on the house which was accepted. Our friends went a few weeks ago and had steak which they found tough and had to leave so I'm wondering if they have changed their supplier.
A shame as we have always enjoyed our lunch here.
Elizabeth notts

• Visited January 2013
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for feedback and very sorry you were disappointed on this occasion. I understand our Manager has already been in touch with you to discuss your visit in more detail. We appreciated you bringing this matter to our attention.