“Great Italian food”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,421 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great service from Italian waiters and waitresses. Food was classic dishes which were well presented though you have to order all the sides so can get expensive.

Visited June 2013

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Expensive food but worth the cost.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ate here with a group of work colleagues and found the food to be really good. Had bruschetta starter - very fresh and tasty. Fillet steak main with chips - again a great steak and lovely tasting fries. Had chocolate fondant for dessert - very nice. I could not fault the food here it was top notch. For me the service was average and the place did not have much ambience. The cost was high but I felt the food was so good it justified the price.

1 Thank ShenfieldFox
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Expensive for what you get”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

As this resturant was local to the hotel I was staying, it looked busy so must be a great choice of dining for many. The waiter was very friendly and took our group order of drinks. The group of 12 I was with were seated very quickly and it was some while later until we received our drinks order at the table. The resturants kitchen was located in view of the seating and was very noisy with smashing of plates throughout our meal. The menu looks comprehensive and very expensive. I had a joke or two with the waiter about my order, he assured me I wouldn't be disappointed.... The Chicken dish I ordered was nothing special and expensive. If i were to revisit I may try something different and less expensive, as before 7pm the set meal look to offer great value

Nottingham
“Not as good as previous visits”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here on quite a few occasions before so was looking forward to our latest visit . We had a table booked for six o'clock pre concert at the nearby Capital fm arena . We were shown to the table by a cheerful manager however our waiter was quite miserable . The food was ok my wife had flash rump steak and chips which was just that no salad , veg etc and I had the fungi pizza which tasted ok but was lacking in the main ingredient mushrooms ! Just a handful of small mushrooms .
For the price it could have been a whole lot better .

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Horrendous pizzas”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Over the years we've been to Piccolino in Chester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham and once over a year ago at this location in Nottingham. We are even Club Individual members. We've always had the pasta dishes and they've been excellent. This time we tried the pizzas. We were a party of four and we each ordered a different pizza. They were different sizes and the toppings were very bare on all of them. For example, the margarita was noticeably larger than the picante pizza. I had the funghi pizza, which had a few clumps of mushrooms and very little else. Very uninspiring. I had the chocolate fondant for dessert and it was the worst I've ever had. There was too much thick gooey chocolate sauce in the middle... it was all sauce and no cake. The others had the ice cream and they said it was good. Service was friendly but not as attentive as it could be. It seems they're getting the pizzas wrong only at this location because we've seen the pizzas at their other locations and they looked much better. We will go back to ordering the pastas from now on, should we ever decide to go back to any Piccolino. Sometimes a new restaurant chain starts out very good for a few years, then goes downhill after that. Perhaps this is the case with Piccolino.