“Seafood platter ”

Lobster Pot Nottingham
Ranked #30 of 1,477 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Had the seafood platter after convincing my friend to be adventurous. It did not disappoint! Food was amazing and hostess lovely would definitely recommend

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (433)

Reviewed December 8, 2019

Smoked haddock chowder - best ever, monk fish green curry absolutely amazing - do not judge a restaurant by its appearance. Great service. Highly recommend this super fish restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

What a pleasure to have eaten here, tastebuds welcomed every dish we had and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. A treasure for Nottingham!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

Had a night stay over in Nottingham and after research like the look of this place, booked a table easily. Its a nice cosy place, not a huge place so has a cosy, personal feel to it. On arrival the greeting was sincere and we felt very welcome. The staff were friendly and really felt passionate about the menu, offering advise on the dishes, ingredients, but not in pushy manner. We both opted for the chowder for a starter, after debating the very interesting dishes on the starter menu, the chowder was hearty and plenty of of it too, very nice. I also wanted to try oysters, having never tried them before, the waiter was really helpful and he tried to work out if I would like them before I ordered them, I opted for the grilled oysters as was not sure about the fresh variety. I was served the grilled oysters and was also awarded with a fresh oyster to try, a nice touch and it was delicious!

Foe mains we I had the Monkfish curry and rice , a great choice, rich meaty monkfish and a spicy sauce. The OH had the plaice, which was cooked to perfection and she was very happy with that! The food overall was excellent, could not fault it at all.

We two bottles of Chablis, a very nice one too, it accompanied the dishes perfectly, would recommend it highly.

Overall, we really enjoyed the ambience of The Lobsterpot, the food was fantastic and the service excellent, many thanks to all the staff. We will definitely visit next time we are in Nottingham!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

My wife and I popped in here on a Wednesday night having not pre-booked. We were warmly welcomed and offered a choice of tables. We shared a selection of starters including prawn toasts, crab bites and Thai fishcakes. We then shared a fruit de mer which was delicious and included some of the plumpest mussels I’ve eaten. The waiter was a little rushed of his feet as the only front of house staff on but we were never kept waiting for long.

Date of visit: October 2019