“Lobster Pot is without doubt my favourite restaurant”

Lobster Pot Nottingham
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Pot Nottingham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,276 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I can't even recall how many times I have been to this restaurant but I am never disappointed. Every meal I have tried on the menu is delicious. Their Moules Marinieres and Scallops in balsamic vinegar and garlic are particularly delicious. If you love seafood and love trying new foods I cannot recommend this place enough...now stop reading this review and go and eat there now!!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Dined here last night for first time and was surprised how quickly it filled up as I was there just after it opened at 6pm! There was a good choice on the menu and quite a few specials available too - all at reasonable prices. Even the house wine was great at under £2 for a glass! Whilst I went for the more traditional, starters & main option (that I thoroughly enjoyed), it seemed most other diners were ordering various assortments of seafood to share. I can't wait to come back with a friend and go for the 'variety' option myself. Restaurants can sometimes feel awkward when you're dining alone but I felt quite at home in this vibrant and friendly environment.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I must admit that looking from the outside I would probably have walked on by this place. Basic old style tables and chairs, dated interior etc but don't let that put you off.
Run by a lovely family with mum and dad preparing and cooking while their son waits on you for food and drinks etc. nothing was too much trouble.
Walking in was the best thing that I did !! Huge oysters that fill your hand that you can have baked or normal. We had a selection of all of the oysters and they were all superb. On the internet you just see salmon and oysters on their menu which nearly put us off but that's because they buy fresh fish every day so don't know what's going to be available. The specials for the day were bream,tuns steak, sea bass & swordfish. I had the sea bass in ginger that was meticulously filleted for me. Lovely fresh fish with lots of flavour. I finished off with rum and raisin ice cream and shared a nice bottle of Chablis too. This must be Nottinghamshire best kept secret fish restaurant. I will be back tonight for sure.

1  Thank Deniro37
Reviewed June 28, 2014

all four of us thought the meal was excellent. We all had different starters/mains and no one was disappointed. I had prawn on sesame toast with sweet chilli to start, salmon with red onion marmalade with fried sliced potatoes for main, dessert was sticky toffee pudding with cream. Will def be heading back here in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I ate here one evening whilst in Nottingham on business. It claims to be "Nottingham's Premier Seafood Restaurant". If it isn't the only one then I fear for the others.
OK, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh given I arrived at about 8.30pm just as party of about 12 was taking delivery of mains and most of the other tables were taken. The welcome was friendly enough, though a smile might have made it even better, and I was seated. A menu followed as soon as serving the big party allowed, though I'd made my choices from looking at the menu in the window and I ordered seafood chowder and Special King Prawn Fried Rice with a mixed salad immediately. There were some lunch and dinner specials, suggesting that the fish is fresh (from the fishmonger at least).
The chowder came pretty quickly and was piping hot. However, I'd say it was about 80% liquid, 19% potato and onion and 1% smoked fish. Some may say that's ok but for me it was a bit mean. The main course wasn't too impressive either, given it was tagged as "special". The rice was greasy, the egg looked like an overcooked fried egg that had been cut up and apart from a few onions there were five king prawns. Not what I was looking for I'm afraid. Probably the best part of the meal was the salad, with a tasty dressing.
Service isn't included automatically, which is nice, but I did leave something because the waiter had been attentive and efficient.
Would I eat there again. Sorry, no.