“Excellent food, thorough service and great atmosphere!”
Review of Chungs

Chungs
Ranked #207 of 1,447 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Recently went to Chungs to celebrate my daughters birthday. Had a set meal plus couple of dishes- daughter described it as a feast!!
6 of us ate and drank for £140 - great value

We eat out quite often and found the quality of food to be as good here as the best

There are newer reviews for Chungs

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have visited this restaurant several times and enjoyed the food each time, the portion sizes are good and food hot and tasty. Some of the staff are very helpful others not quite so much, as we consider ourselves 'regulars' there we now ask for one of our two fav waiters each time we go,they are happy to reccomend dishes off the menu and also advise on how dishs can be adjusted to suit your taste. Parking is limited at the front but there is a large car park at the rear, with pedestrian access to the front. (car park was free in the evenings we used it). Its a family friendly place and we're quite happy to take children along. The only negative I have is that the take away prices are the same as the restaurant prices. A little steep for take out. My favorite chinese restaurant in Notts so Far and I've tried a few!

1  Thank hpfananita
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went on a works christmas dinner , really enjoyed the food and atmosphere , plenty of courses and not tight with the amount ,decent wine and a free brandy to finish

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We visited Chungs on Mapperley Top with friends that we hadn't seen for quite some time and were all really looking forward to it.

On arrival we were seated and our drinks order was taken, the bottle of wine arrived within seconds but the soft drinks order didn't turn up, we called a member of staff and ordered it again. Whilst we were chatting and browsing the menu several members of staff kept approaching trying to take our orders, each time we asked for a few minuets to make up our minds.

That done and our order taken our table was served by every member of staff in the restaurant sometimes trying to take away your dish before you had even finished it, at one point I had to hold my plate as again every member of staff had come to try and take it away and I got fed up of saying that I hadn't finished.

We had an enjoyable evening with our friends but I'm afraid we won't be eating there again, I do not like to be pestered by staff, the staff are very friendly but just a little to over efficiant.

2  Thank kirkles0806
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Easy parking and booking not needed mid week. Service so slick that you think the triads are keeping tabs on things.
Food invariably tasty and promptly served. Beer I think, is from a can rather than on tap and house wine probably best for the wok, not the glass, though it comes in litre bottles.
You will feel hungry when you return home; don't be embarrased to take a doggy bag.

1  Thank GreedyDoctor