“What Amazing Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Burbage, United Kingdom
“What Amazing Food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Quiet little restaurant, that does the Best Thai Food ever at a reasonable price. Definately the top Thai in nottignham

• Visited October 2012

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

one of the best Thai restaurant in Nottingham Pleasant staff good service good food variety and choice the advertising could be better you can easily walk past it and it would be a shame to miss this restaurant

• Visited June 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Happy choice!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sadly taking the car into Nottingham in the evening is becoming a nightmare. Fortunately I have use of my accountant's car park and, since it was a cold evening, I chose somewhere to eat close by and fell on my feet with the Royal Thai. Of course I checked out a couple of reviews first and nothing that I read exaggerated the claims made by reviewers that this was the best Thai place in town.

On the strength of my wife and I each having a starter and a main, to draw a firm conclusion on the basis of four dishes is perhaps little more than conjecture. But it's fair to say that what we found in those dishes was evidence enough that the remainder of the extensive menu would not disappoint.

The maitre d' was charming and attentive to just the right degree and quite clearly knew the menu inside out. The timing of the service was perfect, helped no doubt by there being only a handful of diners at the time. I have marked down the 'atmosphere' due largely to this (bad timing?), but also because the ambience of the place could have been improved by softer lighting. The toilets are on the first floor where there is another bar and an overflow dining area with seating for perhaps another 50 covers. It was barely lit but much more atmospheric for all that. A couple of candles on the table and my wife and I would have happily stayed up there all evening!

Prior to leaving home we downloaded a voucher from the restaurant's website discounting the bill by 15%, which made the value 'excellent'. I have, however, rated it 'very good' in case this is not always available or the offer ignored.

In short Thai food and ingredients are ubiquitous these days and some of us try to cook it at home. Whilst I have no intention of ceasing to do my best, proper Thai dining is a reality check for the enthusiastic amateur and this experience, more so than in any previous Thai restaurant I've recently visited, has certainly persuaded me to up my game!

• Visited November 2012
“Excellent, authentic Thai cuisine served by friendly and enthusiastic staff at a very fair price.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love this place, I stumbled across it when I moved into a flat around the corner and was instantly impressed with my new local. I've since moved a few miles away and would rather commute than try for other Thai food in Nottingham. Tarn Thai and Siam Corner are all well and good, but but this place is better, in my humble, but correct, opinion.

1 Thank TomBrailsford
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a pleasant experience”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My fiancee and I visit Royal Thai when we have something to celebrate (or can find something to celebrate - any excuse, really) and it's always a delicious experience. The staff are polite and helpful and the food is simply amazing. I cannot recommend enough.

Visited September 2012