MemSaab
Reserve with OpenTable
MemSaab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,274 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Winners of the Nottingham Post Best Indian Restaurant 2013 Overall City and County Award, Best Restaurant Runner-up in the Observer Food Monthly Awards 2011, 2012 and 2013 and recommended in the Michelin and Hardens Guides 2014, MemSaab continues to raise the standard of Indian fine dining whilst remaining accessible, affordable and most importantly enjoyable. Comfortably and stylishly designed, seating up to 200 with two private rooms. With it's Award winning chefs, extensive menu and impeccable service, MemSaab is the perfect host for A La Carte, private and corporate dining. The interior design combining traditional Indian craftsmanship and modern Indian art captures the essence of India whilst placing MemSaab firmly in the 21st century! "Exceptional Food and Service puts MemSaab amongst the top five curries in the Country" - The Observer Great Food Guide "Hailed as a 'Hot Indian' - the Sunday Telegraph
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in Nottingham for a night midweek and came here for our evening meal. The choice on the menu, although not extensive, is varied and showcases different dishes to those that you'd normally see at an Indian restaurant, the food was served quickly and was piping hot. It was delicious! The staff were also excellent. There at the drop of a hat but also very unassuming. We both really enjoyed it and will be returning!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Me and my husband have been coming to Memsaab for years since our University days, and now, despite living in London, we wait all year round for those special occasions where we make the trip to Nottingham to have a perfect meal at what we see as "our special restaurant". We recently celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at MemSaab, which was beautiful as always. The staff are wonderful and always inviting and accommodating, with rose petals on our table and a beautiful Mamuska's cheescake on the house to mark the occasion! (Last year I had a single red rose on my plate when I walked in). The staff and new owner even went out of their way to congratulate us.

The food is divine, and is definitely worth a trip for any foodie. The mango and pistachio lassi are the best lassi I have ever tasted, as is the mocktail that was made up for us on our last visit.
The atmosphere is what makes this place so unique, with soft candle lighting, and ethnic paintings and wall decal, it truly is a place to experience Indian fine dining. - What's more, they serve halal meat! It's wonderful to see that despite the change in ownership a year ago, the place is still the same.

Never disappointed, we are already planning our 10th anniversary at MemSaab!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful, made u feel like u were at home. the meals were lovely and very nice. the desserts were very good as well. Couldn't disappoint really. The staff made a extremely nice cheesecake with a candle on for my mum as it was her birthday, was well proud of the staff for that and it made my mums nite. She was was taken back by it and couldn't believe it.

I would certainly recommend this Indian restaurant anytime to anyone. I would give it 10 out of 10 if i was reviewing it. The food isn't too spicy either which is good.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

A friend at work recommended Memsaab to me last week, so this week I’d thought Id give it a go. On arrival, we were greeted by a lady in a beautiful sari- this immediately set the tone for the evening. The mix of modern and traditional décor juxtaposed with the tranquil music contributed to a very relaxing ambience. The restaurant was also noticeably busy for a Wednesday evening.
The poppadom’s swiftly came with three divine chutneys; however, my girlfriend and I both agreed that our favourite was the mint chutney. I ordered the platter for starter and was eager with anticipation. It did not disappoint. The presentation of the food was excellent; the Chef clearly took immense pride in the food. The lamb was beautifully cooked with an explosion of flavours, whilst the chicken was exquisitely tender. My girlfriend ordered the aubergine, where the smoky flavours were delightful.
After the starter, the waitor brought a small fresh melon piece as a palate cleanser- this is something id never seen before in an Indian restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. For main course I ordered a Chicken Karahi with a garlic and coriander naan. The food came piping hot; this may be a slightly cosmetic point but with the heavy snow outside this small factor went along way in making our evening more enjoyable. The food, once again, was delectable. As we eating, the lady in the beautiful sari returned to see if we were enjoying our meal. Having the owner come up to us was once again something Id never encountered and this personal touch further added to our wonderful experience.
As my girlfriend and I were so full, we decided to share a Gajar Ka Hulwa for dessert. The Hulwa came with a creamy pistachio kulfi and needless to say we had devoured the whole plate within seconds!
My dining experience at Memsaab was exceptional- from the food to the staff everything was on point. The food is more expensive than Indian restaurants, but this is far from a ‘curry house’ and the extra money was definitely worth it. I would never optionally eat Indian food at any other place, and we already looking forward to our next visit. Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys Indian cuisine or who has a passion for food!

2  Thank birminghamKS
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As soon as you walked in the door you were greeted by friendly welcoming staff. No matter how far behind we were running they were exceptionally accommodating and paitent.

The food was outstanding, the favours of each dish excited my taste buds. Normally I need some extra pepper sauce bring my food alive, but on this occasion, there was no need as it was all in the taste. I enjoyed every dish. Ps you might want to bring your camera, as the presentation of the food was great.

Just need to mention that the staff were very attentive, as I mentioned that my son could not eat dairy products, as he was aware that we would taste each others dish, he pointed out which of my dishes contained dairy products to warn my son.

It was my son's birthday and they marked the occasion by brining a small cake with a candle... that was a nice touch...

What was also equally appealing was the price, there is no need to punish your credit/debit card to visit this place, dont get me wrong, I am not saying that it as cheap as chips (well even chips are not that cheap these days), what I am saying is that it was exeptional value for what you got.

When next in Nottingham, I will make a point of visiting this restaurant again.

Well done to all the staff at Memsab.

1  Thank Anne I