“Outstanding”
Review of MemSaab

MemSaab
Reserve with OpenTable
MemSaab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Winners of the Nottingham Post Best Indian Restaurant 2013 Overall City and County Award, Best Restaurant Runner-up in the Observer Food Monthly Awards 2011, 2012 and 2013 and recommended in the Michelin and Hardens Guides 2014, MemSaab continues to raise the standard of Indian fine dining whilst remaining accessible, affordable and most importantly enjoyable. Comfortably and stylishly designed, seating up to 200 with two private rooms. With it's Award winning chefs, extensive menu and impeccable service, MemSaab is the perfect host for A La Carte, private and corporate dining. The interior design combining traditional Indian craftsmanship and modern Indian art captures the essence of India whilst placing MemSaab firmly in the 21st century! "Exceptional Food and Service puts MemSaab amongst the top five curries in the Country" - The Observer Great Food Guide "Hailed as a 'Hot Indian' - the Sunday Telegraph
London, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As soon as you walked in the door you were greeted by friendly welcoming staff. No matter how far behind we were running they were exceptionally accommodating and paitent.

The food was outstanding, the favours of each dish excited my taste buds. Normally I need some extra pepper sauce bring my food alive, but on this occasion, there was no need as it was all in the taste. I enjoyed every dish. Ps you might want to bring your camera, as the presentation of the food was great.

Just need to mention that the staff were very attentive, as I mentioned that my son could not eat dairy products, as he was aware that we would taste each others dish, he pointed out which of my dishes contained dairy products to warn my son.

It was my son's birthday and they marked the occasion by brining a small cake with a candle... that was a nice touch...

What was also equally appealing was the price, there is no need to punish your credit/debit card to visit this place, dont get me wrong, I am not saying that it as cheap as chips (well even chips are not that cheap these days), what I am saying is that it was exeptional value for what you got.

When next in Nottingham, I will make a point of visiting this restaurant again.

Well done to all the staff at Memsab.

1 Thank Anne I

“A surprising place to find the best battered cod I've ever had.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I decided to have an evening out during a busy week with a decent curry but also wanted a nice evening out. Memsaab was a great choice, and I was inspired to write a review of it so here goes;

Great atmosphere with a laidback but sophisticated feel to it. The art on the wall was a mix of modern and traditional Indian which is very much how the meal was.

The starter menu was so brilliant we didnt know how to chose to we both had the mixed starter. I have never had such fantastic piece of battered cod! Really delicate with the unusual flavour of carom in the thin batter. Next time I'm going to be ordering the whole dish of it. Lamb rib falling off the bone served with foil to hold to eat was my second favourite. The 5 different dishes were all amazing with great flavours.

A minted melon ball was presented to us on little spoons as a well needed palate cleanser before the main course. The lamb with fenugreek and spinach was nice but not as amazing as my starter. It was slightly sad that it was all presented in plain white bowels after all the pomp of the melon balls, and the rice portion was very small, but great naan. The expanding hot napkin afterwards made all ok again!

Pistachio kulfi to finish which had a definite lime flavour and was presented with strawberry and melon artistically displayed was fantastic.

This place seem to be fairly proud of their wine menu but I'm a beer and curry person. Anywhere with kingfisher on tap makes me happy, still had room for a pint even with all this!

Price: not as expensive as I'd have thought! We did splash out on 3 courses, drinks and mint tea but you can get a very decent meal here with all the ceremony of fine dining for around the same price as any other curry house in Nottingham. Ie £30 could get you three amazing courses. I recommend the amritsari machli (battered cod).

Nottingham
“Classy but not quite there”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Attentive staff showed us to a window seat which was cold, but all the guests were arranged in a small area, the main downstairs area was warm but empty! Poppadoms crispy , chutneys subtle ; except the onion which was overpowering and did not complement the curry which followed. Curries tasty and not overpowering with spice, rice and nan above average quality. Nan rather small. However the sweet menu was stained with fingerprints and very scruffy. I was prepared to pay the discretionary 10 % service charge added to the bill but I was irritated when no change was brought and I had to ask for it. This is an upmarket Indian restaurant that doesn't quite make it and as a consequence is not worth the extra they expect you to pay.

2 Thank susie101
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent conference dinner”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We organised a conference and opted to take the 120 delegates to MemSaab for the conference dinner. The food, service and entertainment were superb. Many of our guests commented emphasised that the evening in MemSaab was the highpoint of their visit to Nottingham. We would like to thank all of the staff and management for their hospitality.

1 Thank conradn831
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Yummy Indian food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Amazing Indian food. and good service too!!! Best place for Indian Cuisine.... Taste is just perfect and ambiance is wonderful too.... Cool place to be with loved ones....

2 Thank Shruti B