“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Larder on Goosegate

The Larder on Goosegate
Ranked #113 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Opened in 2006, The Larder is located in the Grade II listed Victorian building that was once home to the apothecary shop that went on to become the pharmaceutical giant Boot's. The house style is an emphasis on simplicity & quality of cooking, with a menu that changes daily to take advantage of seasonal ingredients. Service is knowledgeable yet relaxed & unpretentious. Michelin, Harden's & Good Food Guide listed.
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a great steak, the staff were lovely and the place had a nice ambience. Will definitely be returning!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Been waiting a long time to come to the larder and certainly wasn't disappointed. I had the crispy cuttlefish starter and my wife had haggis and venison balls and were both fantastic, then as main we decided upon the blade of beef and the seabass again both amazing. As this was a long over due visit and the fact that me and my wife was celebrating the new year with a weekend away, we will certainly be returning again within the year!!!

• Visited January 2014
london
“A lovely meal and the best steak I have ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We went here for a bite to eat in between Xmas and NYE and I absolutely loved it. It is in a great spot right in Hockley, and it is up some stairs and so feels like a secret find. It is a smallish place, and felt intimate. The food was delicious. I had salmon to start and my husband had the ham hock terrine - both were excellent. We then both had steak which was a great choice. The wine was great and the service relaxed but efficient. Highly recommended I would love to go there again!

Visited December 2013
Carson, California
“Best place we ate in the UK.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Was recommended to us by helpful staff on the tourist information center. Hard to find but very close to where we were staying (The Mercure). Beautiful dining room, very romantic (candles everywhere!). The menu was very short but we didn't mind, all of our choices were delicious. I had a cod with a kind of deconstructed tartar sauce; a bit unusual but very tasty. My husband had a lamb starter which he refused to share (guess he liked it!!). Main course he ate a hanging steak. He eats a LOT of steak and said it was one of the best he's had. Great desserts (sorry, puddings!) and reasonable prices too. The very lovely wait staff recommended a trip to Boiler Room bar just a few doors away which was great for an after dinner cocktail...or two!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good, but doesn't amaze”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'd heard amazing things about TLOGG and have now been twice and they failed to impress either time.

Of the 3 wines I've tried none have had the quality to match the £20 price tags, not one of the starters I've seen servered has been hot - all cold dishes, presumably prepared we in advance. Nice, but lazy.

However, the Hanger steak was very good, the decor is charming and the service excellent.

• Visited December 2013