“Worst service ever!”

Fat Cat Cafe Bar - Nottingham
Ranked #687 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Fat Cat Cafe Bar offers eclectic British cuisine, and an impressive list of cocktails, bottled and draught beers and wines from around the world. Tasty favourites on the menu include 3 Hour BBQ Pork Belly, bangers and Bubble and their famous burgers. Exciting meal deals are available in addition to a special 'Little Kittens' menu for children.
nottingham
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was here on a ladies night with eight other women, and two of the women hadn't showed up and were half an hour late for our meal. We were asked as soon as a few of us had arrived if we wanted drinks but wanted to wait until more people had arrived, after half an hour they hadn't checked even though more people were there if we wanted to order drinks. We had pre ordered because we were classed as a large party, but when she came over finally we were informed that we hadn't chose off the ladies night menu even though we'd previously been told when booking to order off the regular menu and that we would still get our free cocktail with the deal. The manager said everything was fine and to go ahead as normal but hadn't checked as he was downstairs. After half an hour a waitress came over and said that we would have to wait an hour for food as they had a party of thirty in downstairs and that we had missed our slot! She never once came over before and checked with us, and didn't give us an option to change our order. We went ahead and ordered even though the rest of our party hadn't arrived, we still hadn't been offered drinks. When we finally had, they made them and left them on the bar for ages. Starters didn't take too long but were slammed on the table and left quickly. Starters took ages to clear and mains took absolutely ages to come out, they never offered us more drinks while we were waiting and stood chatting at the bar. The food was really lovely and good value for money when we finally recieved it. When we were paying the bill, the bill was obviously wrong and they had charged us more, the waitress argued that it was what we had been told previously and didn't understand our point of view. We said she had been rude the whole time and the service had been disguisting, she also disagreed with this and said she had been attentive and had given good customer service. I had a waitress job up until a month ago and I know that you never talk down to the customer and they're always right so I was disgusted to be spoken to in this way. We finally got the manager, who didn't really understand what was happening and the the waitress went behind the bar talking to her colleague about us while the manager was trying to sort it out! I would never return here, the service is really disgusting, the staff don't understand their menu's, the manager even seemed a bit clueless to how angry we were and never offered us any cocktails on the house or any incentive to come back. It is a shame as the food is actually nice, and for a place like this I didn't expect it. Don't ever go.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank beth g

“The tastiest red mullet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here to celebrate my future hubbie's Mum's birthday as they had been before. The service was excellent. I had never been before and thought it was a good establishment. The only thing I could find faultwith, was being placed next to the noisest table in the room. We were just 4, enjoying a nice meal and could barely hear ourselves talk. There was plenty of room in the restaurant, so I think the waitress (who didn't really greet us with a warm welcome) could have thought a bit more about our placement.

Saying that, the food was great. Good prices and selection. My partner thought the food had can downhill since their last visit which was a year ago, as the chips they had last time were fat, generous, looked handmade. This time it was just fries. I couldn't complain though. I order the red mullet with pak choi and herb rice, and it was one of the best meals I have had. Never tried the fish before, and it was cooked to perfection. This has to be my favourite fish now. Reckon I had the best dish out of the 4 of us.

My partner and his Dad ordered the surf and turf. Both happy with their meals except the fries. His Mum enjoyed her chicken pasta dish (although thought there was just that little bit too much pasta). No-one needed desserts after and with it being a birthday party, we got discount also. So the meal was only around £33 for the four of us. Excellent value and what a great idea for birthdays. We didn't know about this discount, until we got inside and saw it written on a beam.

I would quite happily recommend this restaurant and go back there again.

• Visited June 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great deals to be had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Fat Cat on a Wednesday night and they had a Grill Night menu on. This was a choice from the menu for £12.95 and I got half a bottle of wine included with this. I went for the tenderised steak which was very succulent and juicy with all the trimmings and the flavoured butter complimented the dish totally. The staff were very attentive and catered to my every need with the place buzzing with people enjoying cocktails which were 2-4-1 until 8pm. Will be back again as most nights there was an offer for everyone.

Visited April 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
“Worst service ever - find somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a recent trip to Nottingham decided to eat at Fat cats as our local branch is so good. We have eaten on a Thursday with the ladies night promotion many times with no problems, so being a Thursday thought we would try Nottingham. What a mistake! First no-one came to table so had to go to bar for menus (x4 in our party) were given 2 different menus one of which the food wasn't available for! Ordered x2 course meal waiter adamant we had to order desserts at same time as mains (but what if we were full & didn't want a second course?!) side orders & drinks (cocktails) ordered at same time as food. Twenty minutes later food arrived still no drinks, asked waiter where our drinks were he went to find them along with side orders & ketchup. Five minutes went by, a second waitress came to say they had lost drinks order & re-took the order (no apology). Still no side orders or ketchup. Ten minutes later the drinks arrived. Still no side orders. At the end of he meal the waitress (the original waiter never returned to our table) cleared plates & we asked her to cancel the side orders. She returned to ask what desserts we had ordered by which time I was losing the will to live! Not once during our meal did anyone ask if everything was ok with the food or even when they bought the bill. A little annoying as the two tables next to us were table checked during the meal AND when they were given the bill. Having waitress experience in previous years not being table heckled really bugs me. The food was plentiful & good the desert was lovely, & the cocktails potent. If it hadn't been for the appalling service (in a half empty bar) we probably would have stayed for more cocktails, as it stood we just wanted to get out as quickly as possible. Also the disabled acces toilet was in a dirty passage way with no soap (or even soap dispenser) or hand towls & was also disgusting. It's safe to say as much as I love my local fat cats I definatley will not be returning here. There are tons of lovely places to eat in Nottingham. Take a walk to cineworld cinema where there is a whole street of much better places than this.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank natb82
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food is very good, but the service was pretty poor in the drinks department. And we were waiting for 20minutes for our food order, the food also took 40 minutes, and I was left thinking we should ditch the idea and go to the McDonald's down the road

• Visited April 2013