“Really Tasty Curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a really good curry over the weekend. The staff were so attentive. I think the restaurant has been in Nottm for 30+ yrs and the service and attention to detail was really appreciated. We left the ordering to the head waiter and the food was different from what we would normally choose but so tasty.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for about 25 years or more, going back to when old Mr Vorha ran the place with his omnipresence at the bar with his large cigar! Like many regulars, it is a restaurant which never disappoints.

The hospitality is of the finest kind. I do not say this lightly, as the staff genuinely do appreciate customers returning and make the experience of dining there something special. It is a rare restaurant indeed where the welcome from Tony and the waiters is a handshake, and genuinely given too.

My wife does not like hot spices at all, meaning that I have to practically drag her into an Indian restaurant, but the shashlik, even to her refined tastes, is rated as superb. The tandoori king prawn has yet to be surpassed in taste and delicacy. The rajma with a naan bread is a simple but delicious choice.

I have eaten in the reputedly best Indian restaurants in London, Manchester, Glasgow and even Moscow, New York and Mumbai! Laguna is the finest of them all. It is a statement I do not readily make without 25 years of excellent food and hospitality to back up my comment.

2  Thank harveyt252
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A superb, genuinely Indian, restaurant. I may be a little biased here, as I have been going here for close to 30 years! The food is consistently of a high quality, the staff are excellent and the owner, Tony, is a master of customer relations. Plenty of Indian families eat here and use the restaurant for private functions - this can only be a good sign.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family and I have been dining in this restaurant for as long as I can remember, one of my memories extend back to 16 years ago when my mother booked the entire restaurant and filled it with family and friends to celebrate my father turning 40! What-a-party!!! Food was back then and is still to this day of a very high standard, delicious dishes made to order.
Service is impeccable and this is 100% down to the owner (tony) who instills world class service techniques to his team.
Whenever anybody asks me to recommend an 'Indian' it is wirhout doubt Laguna that is recommended.
If you have eaten here before - you know what I mean, and if you haven't ... Well what are you waiting for?! :)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We first enjoyed the tastes of the Laguna, in 1976 at Leicester, on Fosse Road. We were about to leave the city and move to Nottingham, so you can imagine how thrilled we were to learn that they were opening a restaurant here in Nottingham.
We have eaten there regularly since we moved; enjoyed the expanded dining area and their pleasant decor - no 'quilted' paper !
One group we are part of , debates each year where they are going to have their Christmas meal- and, after much discussion, they always decide to return to the Laguna.
The food and service is consistently excellent, for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Nottingham is blessed with some excellent Indian restaurants and we've visited them, but we always return to the Laguna.