“Nice food but not much of it!”

Loch Fyne - Nottingham
Ranked #78 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Hertfordshire, England
“Nice food but not much of it!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visit Nottingham a lot and wanted to book a table at Loch Fyne as a celebration meal. Firstly, even though I booked a week before for 6pm, we ended up what I can only refer to as the worst table in the restaurant. After complaining, we were told it was the only table left and even though they don't normally use that table, there had been a problem with their on line booking facility. Any closer to the kitchen and we could have cooked our own meal!!. Food was nice but in very short supply. In fact we both came out hungry, which is not what you want after paying a hefty bill. Not over impressed!!

2 Thank superbabe381

• Hungarian first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nottingham Loch Fyne”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

An average style restaurant the service of which varies with whichever person serves you. The tables are squeezed into a small area with the kitchen being partitioned off at the back of the restaurant. When full the noise can be overbearing and the closeness of other diners is off putting. During cold periods every time customers enter or leave the restaurant a blast of cold air engulfs those sitting near the main door, which can be very annoying and detract from what you hoped was going to be a good experience.
Don't expect to reserve a particular table. I have now four times reserves a table of my choice only to find on arrival it has been given to someone else. Twice I have had stomach problems after eating at Loch Fyne in Nottingham. If you choose from the main menu it can be expensive. I see Loch Fyne are now advertiseing nationwide "Sea Food & Grill." However, there is no grill menu in Nottingham. The wine list is limited.

Devon
“good”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a nice meal there last week. good choice. Ate off main menu which can be a little expensive but you pay for what you get. mussels were a little small but nice.
Overall good food.
felt the waiter made small talk at the end when paying bill. Maybe he was after a tip.

Europe
“Great Food in a great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant lives up to the Loch Fyne standard. The atmosphere and decor really add to the ocassion. The staff were friendly and efficient and the prices reasonable. Our group had a variety of dishes - bream, salmon, hake, mussels and all were excellent. I hope to be back soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“My new favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I honestly cannot go on enough how amazing this place was! I had a 25% off voucher which made the already reasonably priced menu even better value. The service and atmosphere were both faultless, but the best thing about Loch Fyne by miles was the food. I had mussels and the portion size was very generous and beautifully presented. The bread and french fries that accompanied the main were the perfect complements. My boyfriend's salmon looked (and apparently tasted) just as good and the sticky toffee pudding that we shared afterwards just topped the whole meal off perfectly. This is genuinely my new favourite restaurant and I am so excited to return.

Visited October 2013