“Very enjoyable.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I dropped in here after an exhausting few hours Christmas shopping and are pleased we did. We were attracted by a "two courses for £9.95" promotion on a board outside and have to say were very impresssed indeed. Hanna, our waitress was attentive,friendly and very pleasant and the restaurant was bright clean and cheerful. We both ordered whiting in tempura batter for starters followed by grilled plaice with us both sharing a portion of mixed veg and twice cooked chips (which were utterly divine !) with the main course. The starter was gorgeous and a far bigger portion than one tends to receive when a meal is a 'promotion'. The grilled plaice was perfectly cooked and very sizable indeed, again defying the 'promotion' mindset. Now, I have already mentioned the chips but they were seriously incredible and just the perfect accompaniment for such beautifuly cooked fish. All this lovely food amounted to no more than £19.90 for the two of us and was fantastic value with good service.
However,and possibly a word of warning, adding on the cost of one large and one small glass of sauvignon blanc and one large glass of malbec,both very acceptable, but nothing outstanding, the bill was unfortunately bumped up to £41.40! Please feel free to do the maths!
That aside, if you can manage to take advantage of this promotion and live without wine with your meal, ( which after a grueling shopping trip we couldn't ) it's well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Restaurant is lovely and staff and service good, however if your are looking for value for money then this is not the place for you. The portion size was probably adequate for myself but not for my husband who left the restuarant hungry.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great food, good service, lovely restaurant. Bit different from the rest of the restaurants in the area, slightly pricey but well worth it. Very near the market square.

1  Thank Greg187048
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last week and cannot explain how fantastic I found it.

I have not been to loch before and I can happily say I will be going again.

My waitress Ria was brilliant she went through the menu and was very patient while I changed my mind several times.

The food was great I would rate my experience 10/10!!

1  Thank Stansfield149
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been going to Loch Fyne for about 3 years now. A friend of mine introduced me to it and since I fell in love with their food. Although the decoration is very ordinary and the restaurant is not spacious at all but the food is amazingly delicious. What I also like about them that their menu is pretty much changeable from time to time. Me and my girlfriend love to go there for a treat every now and then. Sharing Platters is one of the best to try yummy